Thread: So BF1 is out?

So BF1 is out?

Right? I think? I've been sucked in to playing 4x strat games recently, but what are everyone's thoughts?

I think I read somewhere that Squad has a free weekend coming as well, might check that out.

Re: So BF1 is out?

BF1 has been out since October 21. Gameplay is different, but refreshing, from BF3 & BF4. No more assault rifles and longer time to kill. Snipers are very fun and the scout class is strong if you play it correctly (ptfo, K bullets & spot flares). There are 4 different tank classes with 3 variants each, so you can switch it up if you get bored. Balancing needs some tweaking (horses & Model 10-A Hunter are OP imo), but the first major BF1 patch will come out this month, including changes to the balancing. Also a major change to BF1 is that you don't show up on the minimap when firing, which makes for a more immersive experience imo. I have a lot of fun playing BF1. The sound & video quality is really good.
    If you're hesitant about buying the game you can try it out first. I believe Origin Access (5 bucks/month) lets you play BF1 for 10 hours and gives you a 10% discount on all Origin games. After one month, you can of course end your Origin Access subscription.

Squad is also worth giving a try, especially after the recent performance tweak! I have had a lot of intense, adrenaline-packed moments playing Squad. It can be frustrating however when you squadmates have no clue what they're doing. You need a good leader to really make a difference.

Battlefield 1 will be getting a patch at 08.00 UTC / 12.00 AM PT (PC) on November 15th! Rentable servers will be available by then (so I've heard).

I think a new BF game is coming soon.

Tournament Admin 21CW Platinum Donor (TA)Ba[Tt]Le's Avatar

Rumor mill has it that EA is planning on a BF2 remake with the Frostbite engine. Could be a revival for the longstanding BF fans, but only time will tell if said rumor comes about.

-Props to Stealth for the awesome sigs!

BF2 Camp 33 (75RR)A|1Lt.Ba[Tt]LeŽ, BF2 Camp 34 (1MED)Maj.Ba[Tt]LeŽ, BF3 Camp 35 (42MKR)B|PVT.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 36 (42MKR)A|CPT.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 37 (28JEF)MAJ.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 38 (1JEF)LTCOL.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 39 (21CW)PR|Ba[Tt]Le BF3 camp 44 (TA)Ba[Tt]Le BF4 Camp 45 (TC)Ba[Tt]Le

Registered User 21CW Silver Donor
    21CW VIP Member

Interesting Battle. BF1 wasn't working for me as far as interest.

Many thanks to SGEN Stealth for my Sig!
    U
    SAF 1981-1985. 21CWBF2:C#23 (3MD)EZ|LCpl.Chevy24go C#24 (1CD)EZ|SFC.Chevy C#25 (7ID)EZ|CPL.Chevy C#26 (11AD)EZ|2Lt.Chevy24go C#27 (29ID)A|2Lt.Chevy C#33 (75RR)A|Pvt.Chevy C#34 (2MEF)A|Cpl.Chevy. ICJO: C#19 {SA}4|Sgt.Chevy 21CWBC2: C#28 BC2 Beta: (2ID)EZ|SGT.Chevy C#29 (1ID)EZ|SSGT.Chevy C#30 (4GKT)B|1LT.Chэvy 21CWBF3: Beta2:(1MD)S|Pvt.Chevy24go C#40:(2SL)M|SGT.Chevy