Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 46 of 46
  1. #31
    Wrench Monkey 21CW Platinum Donor Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Bay / San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Here is the recording from Gunny's Memorial today. Thank you to all of you who attended!

    https://soundcloud.com/snipe707/ts3-...-04-17-11-1-43

    https://soundcloud.com/snipe707/ts3-...04-17-11-36-24
    Campaign History

    [TC]Buffpuff:
    Do not deny your inner self Snipe. To deny your presence was not felt by me is to deny your most basic instincts. You must feel the Force flowing through you. Denial, fear, betrayal...The Dark Side are they!!!

  2. #32

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    I'm absolutely gutted to hear the news. Gun was one of my first friends here at 21CW and we always had a blast running around knifing each other in the BF2 days. He was one of those people you could shoot the shit with all night.

    RIP Tom. You're missed. You'll always have your spot in my signature.


    Campaign History:

    "You never have to retreat if you never leave your base."

  3. #33

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    It was great to talk to everyone today, I just wish it was under better circumstances. Stay safe everyone, hopefully we can all get together again soon.

    R.I.P., Tom

  4. #34

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Will be missed alot. Its hard to pin point any one moment with Gunny, always truthful, always drinking along with us and always someone to turn too if things in the chair wasnt going right... 8 hours I made him stay in that chair and he always reminded me of it! I think one of the first things he said to me every time I spoke was "you still owe me Ice" lol

    R.I.P Brother! 21cw in life and in death!!!

    Agree Zoo was good to hear everyone... We all need to have a meet up (official) every now and then on TS! Perhaps a date posted on the facebook group?

    Icewolf

  5. #35
    Registered User (21CW)WiTcH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    right smack in the middle of a cornfield
    Posts
    33

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Thanks Snipe for doing all this! So many good times with Tom....R.I.P my friend!

  6. #36

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    I was just told of these very sad news today, and it broke my heart. Even though it has been years since I last was part of 21CW and almost as long since I spoke to him last, he was one of my oldest and best friends both at 21CW and the older BF:V tournament we both met in originally. He was a truly special man that could bring a smile out of me in even the worst of situations and always had time for a friend - one of the few I really respected and trusted fully. His memory will never be forgotten by me, and I hope the same goes for the rest of all the 21CW member who had the great privilege of knowing him.

    My deepest condolences to his wife and until we meet again in the afterlife Gunny

  7. #37
    Wrench Monkey 21CW Platinum Donor Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Bay / San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Quote Originally Posted by [21CW]Herz View Post
    I'm absolutely gutted to hear the news. Gun was one of my first friends here at 21CW and we always had a blast running around knifing each other in the BF2 days. He was one of those people you could shoot the shit with all night.

    RIP Tom. You're missed. You'll always have your spot in my signature.
    I see me in that signature too!
    Campaign History

    [TC]Buffpuff:
    Do not deny your inner self Snipe. To deny your presence was not felt by me is to deny your most basic instincts. You must feel the Force flowing through you. Denial, fear, betrayal...The Dark Side are they!!!

  8. #38

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Quote Originally Posted by Icewolf View Post

    Agree Zoo was good to hear everyone... We all need to have a meet up (official) every now and then on TS! Perhaps a date posted on the facebook group?

    Icewolf
    You'll have to blow the dust and cobwebs off that PC Ice and find your BF2 disc

  9. #39

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Oh man, I'll really miss him. Had some great times with him back in the day. Really sad to hear this.
    <3 Stealth
    16: [12AD]J|Rec. - [12AD]N|Sgt. 17: [39MG]N|2Lt. - [39MG]N|1Sgt. 18: [15AA]N|Pvt. - [15AA]L|WO3. 19: [10AC]L|WO1. 20: [11AB]Col. 21: [RS]FAR|Maj.
    22: [RS]FAR|Cad. - [RS]FAR|Sgt. 24: [3MIB]N|Pvt. - [3MIB]N|SSgt. 26: [11AD]VX9|WO1. - [11AD]VX9|Cpt. 27: [29ID]SOAR|WO1.
    28: [2ID]B|Cpt.
    36:
    [42MKR]D|Pvt. 37: [28JEF]ST|Pvt. 48: [1FR]W|Pvt




  10. #40

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    I was very sad to hear about Gunny's passing. I have played many Soldier of Fortune 2 games with Gunny in the past on the NFC server.

    My condolences,
    Rich. dank

  11. #41

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    OK. Bear with me, and apologies in advance for what I think may be a long post that rambles in too many directions.

    My name is Pickerd, i come from a clan, well more a family, of gamers Gun4Hire was a part of called No Fear Clan/Gaming and also myself, was a part of Vietnam Combat, and to a much lesser extent 21cw for a little of Desert Combat and BF2. Both with Gun4Hire.

    Gun4Hire played with NFC for, well a long time, starting in 2002 in a Soldier of Fortune 2 sniping mod. This was before Teamspeak and what not. Was all just text in game back then, but we all were a tight group. When me and another NFC member, Himself figured out Teamspeak, that is when we all became family, and Gun4Hire was a huge part of that family. We became fast friends and were inseparable for quite a few years as we discovered we shared a mutual liking for another game that had recently came out, Battlefield 1942. We played it on and off, along with SoF2 for quite a while until we stumbled upon Desert Combat and that was it. We were hooked on BF. Another member, Hellshelper, man, us three just ate that game up. Fast forward a little bit and Gunny starts talking about the new game Battlefield Vietnam due out soon, and were getting damn excited. We even, the day it was released, had a race to see who would make it to the store and back with the game. We nerded it right up.

    Man did we love that game. One of the best things that came from that game was Gunny and I stumbled upon a site (well, mostly Gunny), VietnamCombat, that hosted these war simulations, or battles. All with ranks and deep organization. Blew our minds, and Hellshelper, Gunny and I immediately joined to see what it was about. You guys know what it is about, the tournies, it was great. We both were in the same company and Hells went for Air Force. That was some really good times. We all got to hit ever facet, from private to BFCO, mostly together, which was awesome. After a while I had had my fill of VNC, played here for a little Desert Combat, and BF2, but not very much. I remember Airborne (sorry to hear about his passing) and Ashes, although im sure he has no clue who I am. I wasnt here long enough.

    After I left, Hells left a little after, but Gunny loved it. He was in for the long haul. He loved the tournies. He stuck with VNC for a while, and eventually moved on to find you guys here. We kind of went our separate gaming ways at this point, but were always friends and a unique gaming family. Yesterday I was watching the BF1 multiplayer trailers and got to thinking of my old friend and the tournies, so I thought I would stop into the forums here to be floored by finding out my friend of so many years and late nights is gone. Ive started letting other people at his other home know, and they are all just as floored.

    You see, even though almost a decade has went by since he was a constant entity in the NFC community, he still has that kind of impact. We always thought of him, and always stayed in touch, even if less frequently. If I talk to other old members who dont come around that often, his name was always the first to come up. "Talked to Gunny? How's he?" So this is where Ive been choked up for the last day, and am choked now writing this. Gunny would stop in from time to time and search me out. Play a few games. Talk about old times and new times. Tell you what, he LOVED talking about you guys. He loved the tournies and loved being a part of everything here. He was extremely proud, and im extremely proud for my part in that.

    He had a very large impact on my life and on NFC, in more ways than i ever told him. Didnt tell anyone back in the early days, but was having a hard time with a recent family death, followed by losing a career, which is when I found PC gaming and SOF2, which lead me to a server i thought was for football fans! One of my best mistakes. Gunny and I would sit up all night with other members, sniping and talking, and helped me, unknowingly, get though a rough part. Wish I had the chance to tell him that, but im going to make a point to tell the other guys. There is a few members, like Gunny, who are still family, and still talk to time to time. This made me realize, don't wait for them to come around, search them out and say hi. RIP Gunny. Fuckin eh.

    He was a core, old school No Fear Gamer and a good friend, and myself, and we at NFC will all miss him a lot. It really really sucks. I was hoping to touch base with an old friend yesterday. If one of you would be so kind as to pass along our condolences to his wife and let her know Tom is missed by a lot, including some long winded Canadian. Us at No Fear would greatly appreciate it.

    TY



    Last edited by NFC Pickerd; 06-13-2016 at 10:26 PM.

  12. #42
    Wrench Monkey 21CW Platinum Donor Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Bay / San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Quote Originally Posted by NFC Pickerd View Post
    OK. Bear with me, and apologies in advance for what I think may be a long post that rambles in too many directions.

    My name is Pickerd, i come from a clan, well more a family, of gamers Gun4Hire was a part of called No Fear Clan/Gaming and also myself, was a part of Vietnam Combat, and to a much lesser extent 21cw for a little of Desert Combat and BF2. Both with Gun4Hire.

    Gun4Hire played with NFC for, well a long time, starting in 2002 in a Soldier of Fortune 2 sniping mod. This was before Teamspeak and what not. Was all just text in game back then, but we all were a tight group. When me and another NFC member, Himself figured out Teamspeak, that is when we all became family, and Gun4Hire was a huge part of that family. We became fast friends and were inseparable for quite a few years as we discovered we shared a mutual liking for another game that had recently came out, Battlefield 1942. We played it on and off, along with SoF2 for quite a while until we stumbled upon Desert Combat and that was it. We were hooked on BF. Another member, Hellshelper, man, us three just ate that game up. Fast forward a little bit and Gunny starts talking about the new game Battlefield Vietnam due out soon, and were getting damn excited. We even, the day it was released, had a race to see who would make it to the store and back with the game. We nerded it right up.

    Man did we love that game. One of the best things that came from that game was Gunny and I stumbled upon a site (well, mostly Gunny), VietnamCombat, that hosted these war simulations, or battles. All with ranks and deep organization. Blew our minds, and Hellshelper, Gunny and I immediately joined to see what it was about. You guys know what it is about, the tournies, it was great. We both were in the same company and Hells went for Air Force. That was some really good times. We all got to hit ever facet, from private to BFCO, mostly together, which was awesome. After a while I had had my fill of VNC, played here for a little Desert Combat, and BF2, but not very much. I remember Airborne (sorry to hear about his passing) and Ashes, although im sure he has no clue who I am. I wasnt here long enough.

    After I left, Hells left a little after, but Gunny loved it. He was in for the long haul. He loved the tournies. He stuck with VNC for a while, and eventually moved on to find you guys here. We kind of went our separate gaming ways at this point, but were always friends and a unique gaming family. Yesterday I was watching the BF1 multiplayer trailers and got to thinking of my old friend and the tournies, so I thought I would stop into the forums here to be floored by finding out my friend of so many years and late nights is gone. Ive started letting other people at his other home know, and they are all just as floored.

    You see, even though almost a decade has went by since he was a constant entity in the NFC community, he still has that kind of impact. We always thought of him, and always stayed in touch, even if less frequently. If I talk to other old members who dont come around that often, his name was always the first to come up. "Talked to Gunny? How's he?" So this is where Ive been choked up for the last day, and am choked now writing this. Gunny would stop in from time to time and search me out. Play a few games. Talk about old times and new times. Tell you what, he LOVED talking about you guys. He loved the tournies and loved being a part of everything here. He was extremely proud, and im extremely proud for my part in that.

    He had a very large impact on my life and on NFC, in more ways than i ever told him. Didnt tell anyone back in the early days, but was having a hard time with a recent family death, followed by losing a career, which is when I found PC gaming and SOF2, which lead me to a server i thought was for football fans! One of my best mistakes. Gunny and I would sit up all night with other members, sniping and talking, and helped me, unknowingly, get though a rough part. Wish I had the chance to tell him that, but im going to make a point to tell the other guys. There is a few members, like Gunny, who are still family, and still talk to time to time. This made me realize, don't wait for them to come around, search them out and say hi. RIP Gunny. Fuckin eh.

    He was a core, old school No Fear Gamer and a good friend, and myself, and we at NFC will all miss him a lot. It really really sucks. I was hoping to touch base with an old friend yesterday. If one of you would be so kind as to pass along our condolences to his wife and let her know Tom is missed by a lot, including some long winded Canadian. Us at No Fear would greatly appreciate it.

    TY





    Thank you for sharing Dank and Pickerd. Tom was one of my closest friends here, and I still have a hard time with him being gone. It seems that every time I log into World of Warships, American Truck Simulator or War Thunder, I kinda almost expect him to see me online and tell me to get in TeamSpeak via SteamChat. I will pass on your condolences from you and NFC to Mary.
    Last edited by Snipe; 06-14-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    Campaign History

    [TC]Buffpuff:
    Do not deny your inner self Snipe. To deny your presence was not felt by me is to deny your most basic instincts. You must feel the Force flowing through you. Denial, fear, betrayal...The Dark Side are they!!!

  13. #43

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    I did not have the privilege of knowing Tom, but clearly, he had a tremendous impact on those lucky enough to know him, and on the history of 21CW. Thank you to everyone that shared their memories of Tom, for those of us that didn't get a chance to meet him.

    RIP Gun4Hire.

    -BH6

  14. #44

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    I haven't been around for a while so thanks for stickying this. This is horrible and my late condolences to his family.
    Sometimes the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

  15. #45

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    It has been MANY years since I was involved in this community... wandered back in tonight and was so saddened to see this. RIP Gun, you were one of the best brother.

  16. #46

    Re: R.I.P. Gun4Hire (Tom) 04.23.74 - 04.06.16

    Still to sad for words miss you big man

    coalition 22ME Whiskey Sgt 4BH Whiskey 1Lt 3BRM SBS WO1 1GG SAS 2Lt 51SB Whiskey 2Lt
    40RM Whiskey Capt

    Once a Whiskey, always a Whiskey

    AMD 8350 8 CORE 16 GB RAM 990FX SLI 550TI SUPERCLOCK SSD 120 1 TB HD 500 GB HD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •