Does anybody plays Squad?

The new Squad game from the makers of project reality provides a good mix between battlefield and arma. I think it could be use here in 21CW.

Anyway I'm enjoying it quite a bit and hope to see some of the guys here playing as well.

Re: Does anybody plays Squad?

Does it still look like it was built on a 1998 unreal engine ? I was not impressed at all with the previous footage.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

I can honestly say that it is not visually impressive but I wouldn't say that it is terrible. The gameplay is like Arma. You walk for minutes to outflank someone or setup an ambush for what usually amounts to a few seconds of shooting and then death. That being said, if you're playing with the right people it can be a lot of fun!
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    Does it still look like it was built on a 1998 unreal engine ? I was not impressed at all with the previous footage.
    The game is in alpha state. I was very careful to buy this game after my experience with Dayz SA. The optimization for the "looks" will not be done until the end as broken down in the plan for development. The devs are involve with the community and patches are put out fixing the bugs that we find.

Since it's gameplay mirrors a little battlefield, I figure people here will be open to try it and see if something can be done with it. I think it's an answered prayer since it's not as hardcore as Arma with the controls but more realistic than battlefield. In fact, you need to play as a squad if you want to win the game so finally a game that really forces you to work together.

In addition, there will be mod tools in the future so there is run to customize it for a campaign. Anyway,for those that didn't believe they will pay a higher price and many are already saying that it's not worth the $40. I pay $30 and I don't regret it since I already put 74 hours in the game.

At the end, do your research before buying so you can't blame me if you don't like it. I think I'm hoping it will be a success so we can get the community going again.

21CW Enlisted 21CW Silver Donor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

I'm playing it;
    I like it a lot! a very cool medic system. building your own defenses wherever you want. has great potential (concidering it is alpha)

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

its great fun indeed, and visually its not horribile, but who care anyways as long as gameplay is good.. i mean look what became of battlefield...
    i personally feel like this would be a great game to reboot 21CW with and by the looks of the full servers there will be more than enough players to fill a friday and a saturday again.
    [22MB]F|WO1.xb385 - [27MB]Maj.xb385 - [34IB]Gen.xb385 - [6AB]Gen.xb385 - [CinC]xb385 - [505IB]Col.xb385 - [2MEB]W|1Sgt.xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb - [WC]Gen.xb - [4GTD]A|Cpt.xb

The game looks like OF: dragon rising which was a pretty good games to be fair.

lol

And it just made 2nd place on indiedb game of the year. If you look at the titles of the other games, some have 1 or 2 million units sold so this speaks volumes about the game and the community behind it

http://www.indiedb.com/features/play...-the-year-2015
    [22MB]F|WO1.xb385 - [27MB]Maj.xb385 - [34IB]Gen.xb385 - [6AB]Gen.xb385 - [CinC]xb385 - [505IB]Col.xb385 - [2MEB]W|1Sgt.xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb385 - [TA]xb - [WC]Gen.xb - [4GTD]A|Cpt.xb

The game play feels more like America's Army..think ArmA 3 has more to offer, especially when the new terrain "Tanoa" is scheduled for release in the first half of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by [21CW]Tacho View Post
    The game play feels more like America's Army..think ArmA 3 has more to offer, especially when the new terrain "Tanoa" is scheduled for release in the first half of 2016
    I always hated the warping of arma, i loved the graphics but never could get passed the buggy feel of the game

Quote Originally Posted by xb385 View Post
    I always hated the warping of arma, i loved the graphics but never could get passed the buggy feel of the game
    Having enjoyed this game style since Operation Flashpoint, Cold War Crisis, you tend to overlook some of the bugs I'm liking what PR are doing with the game

Arma and Squad are similar but I've had a lot more fun playing Squad. It's a simpler game but still very realistic.
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

JUST WATCHED THIS LEVELCAP VIDEO ON SQUAD - VERY INTERESTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4xB...ure=youtu.be&a

Good vid Obi..like the sounds and game play, is there going to be different terrains in the future

yea, i mean they are going to release a map editor and stuff, word on the street is that they will introduce vehicles next month

Also some air..

When I get home, I'll definitely get this game. Got another month to go before I come home to my fav PC Otherwise, great game the mechanics are awesome and realistic.

Military Veteran - Combat Engineer
    Army Reserve - Intelligence Analyst

this game is basically going to be a stand alone project reality so if you've played project reality and liked it you'll like this. on a side i have not got it. yet.

the main reason this game doesn't appeal to me is it's pace is slow for me, but if you don't mind this and you like "reality" games then this is a enjoyable game i suppose, teamwork wise and such
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

"Remember that guy who gave up? neither does anybody else"

Undefeated as a HCO of an Army. Hoohah !.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

i can second that that sort of, it can be very slow paced depending on map if play the smaller city maps it can be pretty damn good