No Battle this weekend 10/31/15

We are not going to be battling GC this weekend Because the Halloween holiday. We may do some pub fun stuff so if you arent busy go ahead and be on ts noraml times and we will organize some pub fun stuff. we might even do some stuff with GC. Pleae post questions here. I will be monitoring this thread for the next couple days.

thanks

Duke

Re: No Battle this weekend 10/31/15

I've got no dog in this fight, but thought to ask anyway - Why postpone a battle for a non holiday day (halloween) yet keep battles going on Major Canadian holidays ? Seems... odd ?

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

who cares about canadians? xD
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

"Remember that guy who gave up? neither does anybody else"

Undefeated as a HCO of an Army. Hoohah !.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

Quote Originally Posted by [21CW]R|Pvt.Ethn1ckX View Post
    who cares about canadians? xD
    D:

@Juno, we had a lot of members planning on getting drunk in EU from GC, I blame the alcohol ^^

Hallowen is one of those celebrations a lot of people around the world use as an excuse to go party out
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

I don't know that the Canadian holidays are... I mean hockey season is here again shall we jsut not play during hockey season?

Canadian Jokes.. Funny. Better let all you 'mericans get back to your Condfederate flags, low test scores, high unemployment and social unrest. I'll enjoy my igloo.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

'Murica

I can answer this one, we have a grand total of 0 active canadian members that I am aware of so holding a battle on a Canadian holiday affects noone. However halloween is a holiday that is celebrated in the entire anglosphere, large portions of Europe and some parts of the rest of the world. So affects >75% of our community easily. So on one hand we have a holliday that affects 0 people against a holliday that affects 50+ people, I wonder why we might cancel a battle for that reason? (sarcasm)

So in short , we postpone battle when it affects the community enough to warrant it, if we have a sudden influx of Canadian members then we might have to postpone battles on Canadian hollidays in the future.

I'll still be around unless TS is empty. Halloween means precisely d1ck to me.

"That's right goddamn it, I said RAMMING SPEED!"
    - I totally said that on the Bridge of that sweet little Nimitz-class carrier...

GC said no battle thats why
    "Tappy tap tap"

Wrench Monkey 21CW Platinum Donor Snipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [TA]Niz View Post
    I can answer this one, we have a grand total of 0 active canadian members that I am aware of so holding a battle on a Canadian holiday affects noone. However halloween is a holiday that is celebrated in the entire anglosphere, large portions of Europe and some parts of the rest of the world. So affects >75% of our community easily. So on one hand we have a holliday that affects 0 people against a holliday that affects 50+ people, I wonder why we might cancel a battle for that reason? (sarcasm)

So in short , we postpone battle when it affects the community enough to warrant it, if we have a sudden influx of Canadian members then we might have to postpone battles on Canadian hollidays in the future.

Negative, because then we'd never get to play. Canada has more provincial statutory holiday's than we do. We don't observe holidays by state, or province in Canada's case, only by Federal holidays.

Oh BTW, if we are still having battles by the time Thanksgiving (US), comes around then battle will be postponed again on November 28th. (Also known as the celebration of conquest and genocide of Native American's by the Colonists, who in turn are European settlers...)
    Campaign History

[TC]Buffpuff:
    Do not deny your inner self Snipe. To deny your presence was not felt by me is to deny your most basic instincts. You must feel the Force flowing through you. Denial, fear, betrayal...The Dark Side are they!!!