Voters
39. This poll is closed
  • 21CW vs 21CW

6 15.38%
  • 21CW vs GC

33 84.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 21cw vs GC Campaign poll

You really want me to post the PM you sent to me ? I'd be happy too. Nothing false about it.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

I have to apologize for my post in this thread I was posting emotional and that is something I promised myself I wouldn't do.

Well, reading this thread made my other project going on on Monitor #2 go more interestingly.

Now that we've gotten all the rage, finger-pointing and d1ck-waving out of the way, what is the solution? Going forward, how do we fix this? At the end of the day, our options are still to either (a) fix our problems, or (b) shut it all down. Personally, I prefer Option B. IMHO, I think that a 21CW/GC campaign could give us some needed breathing room to reorganize.

So, in short, let's stop whining about fault and about the past, everyone put their silk panties in the dryer, and let's move forward. Fix the problem, not the blame!

Ed

"That's right goddamn it, I said RAMMING SPEED!"
    - I totally said that on the Bridge of that sweet little Nimitz-class carrier...

Just merge into GC, since they have superior software, and call it 21st Century Conflict. Holding onto dying brands for nostalgic reasons doesn't profit anybody.
    C45: [101AD] Kitty | Private
    C46: [1MD] Papa | Captain
    C47: [16AA] Mama | Captain
    C48: [NB19] General
    C48: [1FR] Cobra | Corporal
    C49: [ASF] Toad | Private

Quote Originally Posted by [ASF]SBS|Pvt.jevs View Post
    Just merge into GC, since they have superior software, and call it 21st Century Conflict. Holding onto dying brands for nostalgic reasons doesn't profit anybody.
    What software are they running thats superior? Cos as far as Im aware both places use procon and the same plugins for weapon bans and suchlike?

Also if you want a merge, feel free to speak to the owners at GC about it, they are just as against it as our owners.

Edit: I just checked with them, they use exactly the same as us, so I have no idea what you are talking about lol.
    Last edited by [TA]Niz; 09-04-2015 at 05:51 AM.

I'm addressing both parties with this, and I'm talking about the website, not the game. Realistically, I don't see the merge happening, but it's worth a suggestion.
    C45: [101AD] Kitty | Private
    C46: [1MD] Papa | Captain
    C47: [16AA] Mama | Captain
    C48: [NB19] General
    C48: [1FR] Cobra | Corporal
    C49: [ASF] Toad | Private

Quote Originally Posted by [ASF]SBS|Pvt.jevs View Post
    I'm addressing both parties with this, and I'm talking about the website, not the game. Realistically, I don't see the merge happening, but it's worth a suggestion.
    I was gonna start ranting at you for bringing it up when I've already addressed why it wont happen. But then I realised it wasnt in this thread, it was in the scrim discussion thread, oops :P

Suffice to say, im sure you arnt in the minority at all, and it was discussed by both communities. Unfortunately neither communities owners want it to happen, and despite what the players or admins want, it boils down to what they want. They put the money in, they own the name and the resources we use each week. So really, while its nice to know you feel that way, its just beating a dead horse.

Please prove me wrong by convincing them, it would make me a happy man

Btw the joint camp is now going ahead see : http://21cw.net/forums/showthread.php?t=303760 for details!! woot!

As one of the founders of GC back in 2004 and the 1942 days I assure you GC is not interested in absorbing your community or 21cw absorbing us. Both of our communities have a long and distinguished history in our respective forums and a certain way of doing things unique to them. I and my fellow execs feel a certain ownership / pride / parentage with GC, wanting to protect and nurture it like a loving parent would their child. The idea of dissolving this thing we've put our blood sweat and tears into all these years is unthinkable and I know its the same way for your TOs

When BF4 dies (and it is) GC will simply go into hibernation as we always have until the next big thing comes along that the community can get behind even if it means paying for the TS server and website out of our own pockets until that happens. Its happened before and will happen again, its the normal cycle of things. We will just play other games with smaller groups on TS and continue on.

I hope that clears up our position on the matter.

`Ghoul

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|Cpt.Juno[XLV] View Post
    If you don't appreciate the people that work hard for you, eventually they are going to stop doing that work
    You hit the nail on the head.

I think both groups have shown that playing together can work. No need to fundamentally change anything...just come up with a good plan to play.
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

Trying hard to ignore the massive negativity being spewed here, I vote for Option 3...