Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GC vs 21CW scrim Discussion

For the last week or so I have been in talks with they leadership over at Global Conflict about doing a scrim between the 2 tournaments. For those that were at yesterday saw a preview of that when they came over to reinforce us in the battle. I wanted to get the community's input of this coming event. I have worked some things with them already but I want to know your thoughts what weapons you like to keep banned or unbanned for the scrim. and what rules you guys would like to see stay.

Weapon Bans 21CW GC
    Ban - Shotguns OK PENDING
    Unban - Shotguns PENDING PENDING
    Ban - Pickups OK OK
    Unban - Pickups PENDING PENDING
    Ban - LAW OK PENDING
    Unban - LAW PENDING PENDING
    Ban - Flashbangs OK OK
    Unban - Flashbangs PENDING PENDING
    Ban - SOFLAM / PLD PENDING OK
    Unban - SOFLAM / PLD OK PENDING
    Ban - SLAMs PENDING OK
    Unban - SLAMS OK PENDING
    Ban - Staff shell OK PENDING
    Unban - Staff shell PENDING PENDING
    Ban - SUAV PENDING OK
    Unban - SUAV PENDING PENDING
    Ban - Javelin PENDING OK
    Unban - Javelin PENDING PENDING
    Ban - AA Mines PENDING OK
    Unban - AA Mines PENDING PENDING
    Ban - UCAV, Active Radar, AC-130 OK OK

Use of commander mode 21CW GC
    Ban - Commander Mode OK PENDING
    Unban - Commander Mode PENDING OK

Seat-switching 21CW GC
    Ok when flying solo PENDING PENDING
    Not allowed otherwise PENDING OK

Re: GC vs 21CW scrim Discussion

if you ban soflam there's no need to ban javelin, also PLD should be fine any tanker that can't see a big white (or red) light and shoot it well he shouldn't be in a tank, i would ban soflam and leave PLD in simply coz soflam has a longer range and can be placed somewhere and just auto lock assets in or out of main at least with PLD you need to risk your neck so it's a win/risk situation which should be a good thing to aim to.

Shotgun ban sure those things are better then dmr's lol

SUAV ban? hum don't see the point of this really... you're standing in the middle of the open should be an easy kill and kind works like the PLD you actually need to aim it (well ish )

Commander mode being banned... the only reason it should be banned is if a complete and oblivious noob is running it and the other side has someone with brains in it... being a BFCO in that thing hell it's meant for that

Ban pick ups yeah sure why not most of them are a complete retardation anyways...

What's the purpose of banning slams? i think the AT-15 mines also blow up when FF is on so...

Banning AA mines dunno noones uses them in 21cw... last time i had fight them they were pretty easy to deal with... so dunno enter the ones who deal with them more often i guess...

Flashbangs until DICE fixs it's mechanic aka if you turn away from it before it explodes you shouldn't get also 10 secs blind... should be banned...

MBT LAW if it still goes through APS should remain banned otherwise vehicles would be useless...unless we're trying to make BF4 into CoD but for that you have CoD

Seat switching... to be honest it should be allowed... you wonna commit 2 people to survive? ok we run 2 stingers 300-500 meters apart and still rape you away or SMAW if you wonna poke your nose around...

Also what would be the respawn timer of vehicles? don't know if 100% means 60 secs downtime or if it depends for different type of vehicles... but i think vehicles should have a downtime of around 60secs that seems to be a good trade if you wonna risk your vehicle you should be punished if it goes wrong...
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

"Remember that guy who gave up? neither does anybody else"

Undefeated as a HCO of an Army. Hoohah !.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

Update: the scrim rules are set can review it here we were hoping for this weekend but it looks like there are some delays on their side of things. Looking at next weekend.

so... any updates? still see a lot of Pending on the 1st post
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

Duke the link doesn't work
    "Tappy tap tap"

which server will be used for the scrim?

From my personal experience playing on their USA server was just... well let's say i won't complain about our server xD i've heard some of them saying 21cw server perfomed a bit better for them aswell so...

What did you guys discussed?

First half will be on the GC EU server, second on our server. I agree that GCs NA server was not on par with our server last Saturday.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.

C46: [2ID] Roadrunner | 2LT
    C47: [16AA] 23 Engineer Regiment / The Household Cavalry Regiment | 2LT
    C48: [NB19] Heimdall | Kapten-Major
    C48v2: [4ID] | LtG
    C49: [IMAB] | General
    C50: [21CW] | Major

Now stop the spam and wait for the post
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.

C46: [2ID] Roadrunner | 2LT
    C47: [16AA] 23 Engineer Regiment / The Household Cavalry Regiment | 2LT
    C48: [NB19] Heimdall | Kapten-Major
    C48v2: [4ID] | LtG
    C49: [IMAB] | General
    C50: [21CW] | Major

Looking forward to the scrim guys!

[GC]Th30ne

Final map selection.

6th map - Paracel Storm 64V
    5th map - Silk road 32V
    4th map - Dawn breaker 64V
    3rd Map - Golmud 64V
    2nd Map - Caspian Border 2014 64V
    1st Map - Zavod 311 64

All the well known maps! Good Deal!!!!

Hey guys!

If we could ask everyone to be on 15 minutes early on teamspeak to do a once over the rules and any questions that might arise. That way I can also assign the ranks so you guys can edit channels and what not to your heart's content! Remember we will be using a new teamspeak (duke will give you the info).

Ah poop! No shotties again? Bah... Probably because the OP crow don't like a weapon that's an equalizer for those of us with a job and without a sh1t-bucket...

Apparently you can't post pictures either???

"That's right goddamn it, I said RAMMING SPEED!"
    - I totally said that on the Bridge of that sweet little Nimitz-class carrier...

I want to thank everyone that showed and played hard for 21cw. My hope is that all of had fun.

21CW Enlisted 21CW Silver Donor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

Sad that i couldn't make it

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

Just after we won the 1st round, and getting ready to play on our servers, my (supposedly sealed) Water Cooler leaked and blew out my freakin MoBo !

WTF???
    Thankfully my 690GTX survived
    Got a new CPU / Mobo installed today and damn thing booted right up - so here I am ready for another battle nothing $500 couldn't fix and a few hours

That sucks man! Glad to see you're back up and running. You missed a few hours of

Out of curiosity, what mobo and CPU did u get?
    C45: [22AD] JSGT | C46: [22AD] 2LT | C47: [16AA] SGT | C48.1: [NB19] *** | C48.2: [1FR] 2LT

I had fun in the scrim, sorry I couldn't stay longer.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hello guys,

so as everyone obviously saw, the scrim unfortunately didn't end up as balanced as we'd hoped. I hope that even so everyone had some fun. Being imbalanced was unfortunately one of the many possible outcomes, and a big reason we held a scrim to begin with.

However there's been a lot of scuttlebutt and I would like to clear one thing from our side. The imbalance was never intentional nor did we try to just win at all costs. I apologize for how it turned out and can only promise that if you guys want to do it again in the future we'll use what happened to make sure it doesn't happen.

<3

So fuck, whats done is done. Well played and stop saying sorry for stacking your side because you thought we would. Im in it for the fun, just need to lick my wounds and bring on round 2!
    "Tappy tap tap"

finally something lihou and i both agree on!

i just thought it was fun that jets were allowed due to 21cw and we didn't had people for it ... lol derp

Well, getting destroyed is no fun, but neither is dominating too easily. So if we want to make this fun for both sides, we at 21CW just need to pull the proverbial fingers from our asses and organize a bit more. All things considered, a good spanking was probably the best thing that could happen. Now we got ourselves a challenge, something to play for. We just need to make sure the outcome won't repeat itself too often, or then it will become an issue (player retention and whatnot).

Had fun the last few Saturdays. GG's
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

Player retention is already an issue due to this.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|Cpt.Juno[XLV] View Post
    Player retention is already an issue due to this.
    I heard talk in my channel of people leaving 21CW.

Campaign #42 (9AU)C|SGM.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #43 (3AAG)7|CPT.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #44 (7CAD)MAJ.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #45 (USMC)W|1LT.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #46 (1MD)W|CPT.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #47 (1CAV)W|1LT.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #48 (4ID)KPD|Sgt.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #49 (IMAB)K|1LT.Scott_FPS
    Campaign #50 (21CW)W|CPT.Scott_FPS

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|1LT.SCOTT_FPS View Post
    I heard talk in my channel of people leaving 21CW.
    if people want to leave when we're finnally making good steps towards having more than 25v25 on Saturdays duking it out more often.... the door is that way .... bb