Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: GC vs 21CW scrim Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|1LT.SCOTT_FPS View Post
    I heard talk in my channel of people leaving 21CW.
    the talk was because none of our generals/many players showed up on saturdays

Quote Originally Posted by [TA]H4RP View Post
    the talk was because none of our generals/many players didn't show up on saturdays
    FTFY
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.

C46: [2ID] Roadrunner | 2LT
    C47: [16AA] 23 Engineer Regiment / The Household Cavalry Regiment | 2LT
    C48: [NB19] Heimdall | Kapten-Major
    C48v2: [4ID] | LtG
    C49: [IMAB] | General
    C50: [21CW] | Major

Quote Originally Posted by [IMAB]W|Pfc.Sineira-21CW View Post
    Out of curiosity, what mobo and CPU did u get?
    I got this
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4952#ov

and this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819117372

and this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181010

Quote Originally Posted by [ASF]KSK|Pvt.Ethn1ckX View Post
    if people want to leave when we're finnally making good steps towards having more than 25v25 on Saturdays duking it out more often.... the door is that way .... bb
    Playing against GC has done nothing but further hurt our numbers. Unless every single person in their tournament is coming over here to play ,or vice versa - Shit aint changed

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|Cpt.Juno[XLV] View Post
    Playing against GC has done nothing but further hurt our numbers. Unless every single person in their tournament is coming over here to play ,or vice versa - Shit aint changed
    I have to agree. I played almost every battle last campaign and almost all this campaign so far until the scrims with GC when I stopped playing. Nothing to do with them, its just its not 'real' in the battle sense. Im ready to pick up again when things are 21cw v 21cw again.

While the half day I played against GC wasn't that fun since their assets slaughtered us that's not the reason for the absence in my case.
    I just had other things to attend to.
    So don't assume it's just because of the GC scrims.

We need to get the energy back into 21CW, come on guys (and girls) this is fun!
    C45: [22AD] JSGT | C46: [22AD] 2LT | C47: [16AA] SGT | C48.1: [NB19] *** | C48.2: [1FR] 2LT

Quote Originally Posted by [IMAB]KHOR|Pvt.Mickd View Post
    I have to agree. I played almost every battle last campaign and almost all this campaign so far until the scrims with GC when I stopped playing. Nothing to do with them, its just its not 'real' in the battle sense. Im ready to pick up again when things are 21cw v 21cw again.
    Point taken, but... I just want to say that for me it is the exact opposite. I may be the player having logged the most minutes and rounds in the last three campaigns (well, very close to, anyway), but I won't get back to 21CW vs 21CW if the numbers are not 20-something vs. 20-something. It is my opinion that, BF4 being the fading game that it is, this won't happen without other orgs (GC, DSG) joining forces with us (LevelBF seems to be doing more or less ok on their own, so I will leave them out of the conversation). That is why I am in the group of those favoring the convergence.

It is true that I don't care much for the campaign format, and that what I am looking for first and foremost is organization and structured gameplay in a "real" (32 v 32) BF4 game. As long as I am in a squad that functions well together, and that we have a BFCO who is putting a honest effort, then I am good to go. I understand that many people may want something more, though.

One question: if the next campaign was structured as 21CW vs. GC instead of the reinforcement/scrim thingy that we have had so far, would that influence your perspective?

Well thought out selection! Great performance per $! Didn't know the H50 was so "cheap"!
    C45: [22AD] JSGT | C46: [22AD] 2LT | C47: [16AA] SGT | C48.1: [NB19] *** | C48.2: [1FR] 2LT

Quote Originally Posted by [ASF]BW|1Lt.LemmingGrumpy View Post
    One question: if the next campaign was structured as 21CW vs. GC instead of the reinforcement/scrim thingy that we have had so far, would that influence your perspective?
    I agree the organized game play is the main reason. The Campaign is nice since it creates a framework, you get to play with mostly the same folks for a few weeks and some rivalry as well.

Playing 21CW against GC is fine with me but there must be a way of balancing the teams. Otherwise it gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by [ASF]BW|1Lt.LemmingGrumpy View Post
    Im fine with anything as long as its formalised, official and organised.

I was trying to get across the message of this - We already had numbers and balance issues early in this campaign , we had a battle where IMAB for the most part didn't show up, then we had the GC Scrim (where we got wailed on), and then another battle where most of IMAB didn't show up.

People aren't going to show up just to kick their ass kicked, no many how many PM's we send them or how much we beg. We need the players from GC, not GC itself. The only way 21CW can continue is with more players, and as most of the people who want to play organized battlefield are already doing so - We need to either poach them from other tournaments, or get other tournaments to join ours. (We could join theirs too but that would kill 21cw)

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by [IMAB]W|Pfc.Sineira-21CW View Post
    I agree the organized game play is the main reason. The Campaign is nice since it creates a framework, you get to play with mostly the same folks for a few weeks and some rivalry as well.

Playing 21CW against GC is fine with me but there must be a way of balancing the teams. Otherwise it gets boring.
    Balancing will only be possible the more we play with each other (together with the gc guys) so we know both tournaments people scope of abilities, strength or weakness
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

"Remember that guy who gave up? neither does anybody else"

Undefeated as a HCO of an Army. Hoohah !.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

I see people pluralising the word scrim when refering to the last few weeks of play here. You guys do realise that there has only been one scrim right? And that the reason we keep having to have them reinforce us here or we reinforce there is because we haven't had enough people to actually play 21cw vs 21cw.

The sad fact is, if people want to play 21cw vs 21cw they need to show up. If they refuse to show up to play so we can actually have a 21cw battle day, then moan about us having to reinforce GC or vice versa, then they are part of the problem not the solution.

So if you want 21cw vs 21cw, the answer to your problem is simple, show up to play.

If you want people to show up for 21cw vs 21cw, there needs to be balance - when there isn't , people don't show up. Nobody wants to get their ass kicked just cause

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

I just want people to show up. Until they do, talking about balance is pie in the sky. We cant balance for a non entitity, which is what IMABs army is right now. We moved several players including a captain before last weeks battle and still noone showed up to play.

Do a draft.

Stay internal.

Hope numbers go up in the fall when people don't want to be inside playing video games on a Saturday.

Pay to pick may be good to get money and a free pick when joining 21CW may be fun for those people, I don't think it creates a good balance.

I'd do a draft where both generals can choose who they want one by one, armor players seperated from infantry players. Players who sign up should list their availability (example: 70%) and qualities (example: squad leader) since the generals won't know everyone from 21CW and GC.

Quote Originally Posted by [TA]Niz View Post
    I just want people to show up. Until they do, talking about balance is pie in the sky. We cant balance for a non entitity, which is what IMABs army is right now. We moved several players including a captain before last weeks battle and still noone showed up to play.
    It's not that no one showed up, just not enough people to field a battle.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

@ Jasper , unfortunately thats just not going to happen, without the funds from pay to pick, we cannot afford to run a campaign. Its as simple as that.

@ Juno, ok fair enough, I think we are just arguing semantics. Since the functional difference between "noone showing up" and "not enough to have a battle" is zero.

@ Niz - If GC and 21CW would 'merge', there wouldn't be a need for so many servers and two seperate websites or is that not the plan? I thought monthly donations could keep things going that way.

Ye that is not the plan right now, a merge is completely off the table. I hope the owners dont see you say that or they will have a heart attack

At the moment, we have 1 server and 1 ts and 1 website that is where the costs come from. We need $150 per month to run that. We cancelled the ARMA server which was also the practice server.

Regarding donations at the moment we are falling short most months , that is why we need to keep the pay to pick system as it gives us a small but vital cash injection whenever we have a camp, which generally gives us just enough of a shot in the arm to keep this place afloat.

I misunderstood. Option 2 would imo be the best option then, if you can manage to balance the asset players right.

Then cast your vote in the appropriate thread

ps thats not this one :P

We need to either poach them from other tournaments, or get other tournaments to join ours. (We could join theirs too but that would kill 21cw)
    As someone relatively new to 21CW and coming here from another tournament, the problem with this is that those other tournaments would also like to survive. I'm sure GC feels the same way, that it would be great for all of us to just join GC. Us joining them would be just as simple as them joining us, there would be a full server on Saturday (probably people in the waiting room), and we wouldn't need people bouncing between two forums. My guess is this is a large part of why "a merge is completely off the table."

Having said all that, it would be awesome if GC, 21CW, and DSG all combined and we could have a tournament with more than two teams. Back in BF2C, we had four teams, so even if there was some lack of balance, you weren't playing the stacked team every week and getting stomped.

DSG has had similar problems with bad balance leading to one team having fewer and fewer players show up each Sunday. Balance is still needed, but having more than two teams at least keeps people from thinking "oh great, we're playing these guys again and probably going to get stomped again."

Everyone wants to survive, and we are all doing that - But someone should be Thriving. So if a merge is totally off the table, it needs to be put back on that table.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Everyone wants to survive, and we are all doing that - But someone should be Thriving. So if a merge is totally off the table, it needs to be put back on that table.
    Im sorry but while that might be something the communities might want (notice the word might) its not what the owners here or at GC want. It has been discussed and it was flat out rejected. It really doesnt get anymore final than how it ended up. Whether I or you feel that a merge is in the best interests is beside the point, its been discussed and the owners have decided against it.

We are not owners, we do not get to make that decision. So no it is not getting put back on the table.

two men enter..one man leave

__________________________________________________ _________
    TechX: "You didn't kill ANYONE?!?" Me: "No, but I got a lot of assists!"
    41:[RDG]A|PFC.Tygergirl 42:[9AU]SP|PFC.Tygergirl 43:[USA]A|SPC.Tygergirl
    44:[8ID]4|PVT.Tygergirl 45:[22AD]SP|SLT.Tygergirl 46:[1MD]SP|LCpl.Tygergirl
    47:[16AA]B|SGT.Tygergirl 48:[4ID]KST|Pvt.Tygergirl

guess I should clarify since I've been asked...
    either the two places function as if they've merged with the armies under different owners (as is being proposed) or the weak place will die when the people jump to whichever functions better. so for all intents and purposes, you've merged by agreeing to this gc vs 22. at this point it's just semantics in my opinion..

TechX: "You didn't kill ANYONE?!?" Me: "No, but I got a lot of assists!"
    41:[RDG]A|PFC.Tygergirl 42:[9AU]SP|PFC.Tygergirl 43:[USA]A|SPC.Tygergirl
    44:[8ID]4|PVT.Tygergirl 45:[22AD]SP|SLT.Tygergirl 46:[1MD]SP|LCpl.Tygergirl
    47:[16AA]B|SGT.Tygergirl 48:[4ID]KST|Pvt.Tygergirl

Quote Originally Posted by [4ID]KST|Pvt.Tygergirl View Post
    guess I should clarify since I've been asked...
    either the two places function as if they've merged with the armies under different owners (as is being proposed) or the weak place will die when the people jump to whichever functions better. so for all intents and purposes, you've merged by agreeing to this gc vs 22. at this point it's just semantics in my opinion..
    Exactly. Who "Runs" the place makes little difference in the end - The demand is there , it's who provides the better quality supply. As if we have a campaign against GC with each tournament fielding an army.. then well we've already merged the player base, which is exactly what we need. IMO the focus should be on how that campaign would be setup, AND what happens after it's done. Because whichever way you look at it, 2 tournaments are having 1 battle - so it's really 1 tournament already , just not in terms of Intellectual property.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

that's exactly what I mean. :-)