New Game Oriented Campaign Maybe?

I am sick and tired of BF4, and it will be awhile until BF3 Venice is done. I think, and this is my opinion, why don't we do a campaign or two of BF:BC2 with some mods maybe! I mean BF:BC2 is still probably one of the best in my opinion, not to mention ripe and filled with new players still on there looking for groups! Already had 4-5 guys in less than an hour start looking into 21CW on BC2, the servers are still full and active! Not to mention all the groups still on there looking for other groups to fight against, in my opinion it is a very good looking field if we wanted to go back for a bit. Anyways, just a suggestion, I already know we won't go back.

~Cheers, Slayer

21CW Ambassador

Re: New Game Oriented Campaign Maybe?

Hey Slayer you should check the last messages in this thread: https://21cwforums.com/showthread.ph...70#post3307570.

I think that going back in the Battlefield series to Battlefield 2 or Bad Company 2 or whatever the game might be, will hurt us more than help us. I, personally, do not own Bad Company 2 and I am pretty sure that, let's say, 60-70% of 21cw doesn't own it either.

I could acquire it if by going back to it you didn't find 5 guys in less than an hour, but 50 to replace everyone that we would lose...

However, here's a pretty positive review from last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52NhUuZzyD0
    C47: [16AA]RE|Cpl.machakio
    C48v1: [NB19]M|Fn.machakio (2lt)
    C48v2: [1FR]C|2Lt.machakio
    C49: [IMAB]W|Cpt.machakio

Totally understandable, I am just saying it would be a possible option. The population on that game is still massive with dozens of full servers. And, if you do not own the game, well the game does go on sale a lot for instance, right now it is 6 dollars. You do make a good argument, however I am just sick of BF4. I just find, that for we are trying to get or squeeze out of the games, that if we went back to Bad Company 2 we would have a lot of positive aspects with some negative.

Positive:
    -Large, hungry for a group community
    -Stable gameplay
    -Balanced
    -No lag outs, crashes, issues
    -Moddable
    -Tons of customization settings for servers
    -Two sides of a coin, Vietnam and regular
    -Goes on sale a lot
    -NO MORE dlc or premium content

I would also like to tag on that the video did touch base with a lot of the points on Bad Company 2, but it was a bit out of date. Today, there are entirely modded servers, 1 or 2 pages of full servers for BOTH regular and Vietnam. Now I would also like to state that just out of a small fraction of the 21CW community I have added on Origin, all of them have Bad Company 2. (over 14) You do make a good point though, and it cannot be skipped over.

Negatives:
    -21CW population owning the game
    -Recruitment
    -Rehosting or switching backwards for awhile

I would like to end with a quick question, have you guys actually done a campaign of Bad Company 2? Just out of curiosity, because when I bring it up most just say they have played it, not that we have had a campaign of it. Honestly the in-game leading mechanics and just how the map itself is setup is strategically amazing for our needs! Anyways, thanks for responding Pedro!

BFBC2 was a lot of fun for me, and we did everything we could to make great campaigns with it, but it wasnt the right fit for the tournament and they pulled the plug, mainly because there was little map diversity and a lot of the good maps were way too small. On top of all that numbers for battle days were never that great after the first week or two.

DC Camp. 6-10: [27MB] [34IB] [6AB] [2SA] [606IB]BF2 Beta[69BD]
    BFBC2 Beta Camp-2: [4POG]MAJ [29AD]MajGen [2SCR]Gen
    ArmA II Beta Camp: [OPP]MAJ [3ID]MAJ

Cough cough Insurgency (as a side or mini campaign, not replacing BFwhatever) would be a fucking hilarious time, nice asymmetrical campaign as well as its cheap and anyone can run it

I suggest we have a Chivalry campaign. We can call it 11CW.

Picture it now... A wall of shield knights advancing the flag, supported by archers in the middle and flanked by speedy men at Arms. The opposing teams pushes back with spear toting vanguards, piercing the shield wall and creating a gap for their own knights to push through. The fire pots of the men at arms wreak havoc among the poorly armoured but highly damaging archers. Heads roll and arms fly off, all to the battle cries of "your wife is a hobby horse"!

/scene

yaargh now that would be a fun campaign
    "Tappy tap tap"

21CW Ambassador

You had me at 11cw, I'm in
    C47: [16AA]RE|Cpl.machakio
    C48v1: [NB19]M|Fn.machakio (2lt)
    C48v2: [1FR]C|2Lt.machakio
    C49: [IMAB]W|Cpt.machakio

21CW Enlisted 21CW Silver Donor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

Fuck yea i'm in! XD

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

Man a 11CW campaign... I have 200+ hours on that game... Just go on there when I get tired of bullets! You have my HOOAH of approvement for that! And if we are putting other games out there, I totally agree with Insurgency or games like it!

I do just want to clarify, I stated many times that BFBC2 is now heavily mod supported, and by that I mean there extended map mods, 64 player mods, etc. etc. Some of the needs you couldn't fulfill earlier, you can now for a stable campaign.

Yah we had some great BC2 camps ( I was a general for one) it was a super fun game with destruction etc, just only supported 16 a side, which killed it 21cw wise.

With what you are saying now however, this could be a great way to go

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor