Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RIP Airborne ( Shawn )

Hey guys i just now received word that AB passed away 2 days ago.

His ex-wife wrote to me saying :
    Please excuse my forwarders, but I am one of Shawn's ex-wives, Tristen's mom. Idk if anyone on Shawn's fb friends know, but he passed away 2 days ago. We aren't sure what caused it, but think it may have been health related. There is an autopsy being done, but we won't know anything for 4-6 months. His wife is planning to creamate his remains(which I think he would approve of, he was never traditional) and letting his oldest daughter, Kayla, have them. She, from the best of my knowledge, plans to take them back to Haileyville. There will be a small memorial service, but I haven't received word on time, date & location yet, I'm assuming it will be in Geraldine, where he resided this last year.

RIP my brother hope you have found your peace.

//DrOp

Camp #27 [3SA]S|Sgt.DrOpShOt | Camp #28 [4POG]TR|SFC.DrOpShOt | Camp #33 [4GTD]D|1Lt.DrOpShOt | Camp #34 [3UK]RR|Capt.DrOpShOt | Camp #35Beta1 [42MKR]LTCOL.DrOpShOt | Camp #35Beta2 [42MKR]COL.DrOpShOt | Camp #36 [42MKR]COL.DrOpShOt | Camp #37[28JEF]D|PFC.DrOpShOt | Camp #38 [1FJR]P|CPL.DrOpShOt | Camp #39 [1CMD]BW|PFC.DrOpShOt| Camp #40 [GAFE]S|CAPT.DrOpShOt | Camp #41 [RDG]D|CAPT.DrOpShOt | Camp #42 [9AU]C|2LT.DrOpShOt | Camp #43 [USA]E|1LT.DrOpShOt | Camp #44 [5MR]D|LCpl.DrOpShOt | Camp #45 [TA]DrOpShOt

Re: RIP Airborne ( Shawn )

A sad day indeed. Rest in Peace my brother, I shall miss your passion.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

21CW Ambassador

I don't know who he was... a veteran i suppose, but as a 21cw member I mourn his passing.

RIP fellow soldier and friend
    C47: [16AA]RE|Cpl.machakio
    C48v1: [NB19]M|Fn.machakio (2lt)
    C48v2: [1FR]C|2Lt.machakio
    C49: [IMAB]W|Cpt.machakio

21CW Ambassador

According to Dean on our facebook group he was one of the founders and owners of 21cw.. So he is one of the responsible people for all the fun that we all have here

"Knuckle heads! "
    He will be missed! A 21cw legend!
    I have no words for this

RIP AB you will be missed dearly!
    *Competitions: Team Spider Pigs Subterfuge [2nd Place Runner/ 28 June 2014/ 5v5 CTF]*
    BF3 C35 Beta I - [24ME]EZ|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C35 Beta II - [1MD]G|Cpl.GivemeGiveme , BF3 C36 - [42MKR]A|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C38 - [1FJR]SR|PFC.GivemeGiveme,
    BF2 C39 Retro - [1CMD]BT|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C40 - [GAFE]S|SGT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C41 - [RDG]D|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C42 - [9AU]C|SGT.GivemeGiveme,
    BF3 C43 - [USA]E|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C44 - [7CAD]S|LT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C45 - [AMID]W|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C46 - [PLAN]W|2Lt.GivemeGiveme

Never had the pleasure of playing in the same squad as him but he were one of the most memorable characters at 21CW, truly irreplaceable and unforgettable.
    RIP AB.
    Last edited by [21CW]SBS|Pvt.Nota'; 05-29-2015 at 12:06 PM.
    C41: [SOAF]K|2LT C42: [18AD]K|2LT C43: [USA]A|CPT C44:[AMID]J|Cpt C45:[USMC]K|2Lt C46:[PLAN]S|CSgtC3

I just saw this on Facebook. For those that didn't know him, he was a veteran who served his country for many years before retiring due to a disability. He was a good man, disciplined, loyal, generous with his time, a leader, and a friend. I regret not being around and not having the chance to talk to him. His kind are rare these days, and he will be missed.

If anyone is interested, we can set up a memorial service this Sunday on TS at IC meeting time. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Raz I'd say do it , or he might kick us in the ding ding from the afterlife.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

21CW Enlisted 21CW Silver Donor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

sad days, sad days so sad to hear this ((( will miss you man :s

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

Quote Originally Posted by [FA]Raz View Post
    If anyone is interested, we can set up a memorial service this Sunday on TS at IC meeting time. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    @i'm up for this...

May you rest in peace AB.
    21CW Lesson (Sword, Silent, Dogma, Webke): If something or someone keeps killing you, stop crying about it and figure out a way to stop it.

"Remember that guy who gave up? neither does anybody else"

Undefeated as a HCO of an Army. Hoohah !.

C38: [1CAV]FA|WO1 | C40: [IDF]NP|1LT | C41: [RDG]AAC|CPT | C42: [9AU]T|MSG | C43: [3AAG]BW|1LT | C44: [AMID]RBC|Pvt | C45: [101AD]LTG | C46: [1MD]LtGen | C47: [1CAV]GEN | C48: [TA]/[4ID]Gen | C49: [ASF]KSK|Pvt

i just imagine him sreaming at Petrus "gimme my damn halo or i'll smoke you like a cheap cigar"

Bon voyage AB
    So far, Så bra & Таппы тап тап & Борис - гоме оф тге техтбоок пеек-а-боо

C46: (11AB)B|SLT.c29p74 C47: (16AA)B|LT.c29p74 C48: (1FR)D|SGT.c29p74

US RIP Airborne ( Shawn )

A great guy and a real 21CW character. He led a full life, saw the world, brought up his family and made friends wherever he went.

Rest in peace, friend.

21CW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by [FA]Raz View Post
    We are all a family here at 21cw. Every member deserves some sort of memorial service in my opinion. With this said, I support this idea

No other words beside...... Too soon.

Some video I made about him in the good ol' days

interestingly enough, one of my friends who did one of the voices passed away not too long ago as well

R.I.P.
    I only played with him a few campaigns but he is one of those people you never forget.

[CH]C45.[AMID]W|Sgt[/CH]|[CH]C46.[11AB]B|SGT[/CH][UK]C47.[16AA]1R|CPT[/UK]

Everyone has an AB story and that's what made him special. The dude cared so deeply about 21CW and wanted nothing but the best. I always admired his dedication and have so many fond memories.

An absolute icon of the tournament. Hope he's found peace.
    Last edited by [21CW]Herz; 05-29-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Campaign History:

"You never have to retreat if you never leave your base."

Well See you guys sunday to participate for him. I wouldnt miss it. I cant believe he died. I just talked to him a few months back. Wow..

I will be there Sunday

Count me in for this.

if anyone wants to give a speech, time will be allotted for this. You can PM Duke or me if you want to speak. You may also decide on the day.

sad sad news, as someone else said, once met never forgotten. heard the news from whitewolf/pillbox earlier today. takes me right back to campaign #1-#3 and the the joys of whiskey company.

RIP Airborne! You will be missed for sure. I was just browsing Youtube last thursday to see whether I could find some movies of the Battlefield Vietnam mod back in the days... Anyone that still have some archive footage, it'll be appreciated.

Huge props to Stealth for providing me with this awesome sig!

I'll be there.

Tournament Admin 21CW Platinum Donor (TA)Ba[Tt]Le's Avatar

I'll miss our "You know the business" talks him and I had. Good times. Fond memories.

Peace be with you man. May you rest well.

-Props to Stealth for the awesome sigs!

BF2 Camp 33 (75RR)A|1Lt.Ba[Tt]Le®, BF2 Camp 34 (1MED)Maj.Ba[Tt]Le®, BF3 Camp 35 (42MKR)B|PVT.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 36 (42MKR)A|CPT.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 37 (28JEF)MAJ.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 38 (1JEF)LTCOL.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 39 (21CW)PR|Ba[Tt]Le BF3 camp 44 (TA)Ba[Tt]Le BF4 Camp 45 (TC)Ba[Tt]Le

Wow I heard he was in a bad way but I never thought... he will be missed. My thoughts and prayer go out the his family and friends.

Oh wow....totally in shock here. Just talked to AB last week on TS.

R.I.P Shawn (AB)

A Legend he always will be. The man who always made me smile again on shitty days!
    Love you for that!

RIP "FUCKTARD"!

(AB: the man who brought "FUCKTARD" into my Vocabulary)