Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Squad

21CW Enlisted 21CW Silver Donor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

Re: Squad

So,
    In september they are starting a closed alpha testing phase ...
    20+ clans/communities are hosting servers.

Again, i think this is something we should look into

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

this game is really good.

Webke I hereby give permission by the office of the tournament coordinator to investigate what we need to do to get into this.

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

You sir are evil!
    I'll see if i can get in touch with them over the weekend

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

do you want one of the founder's email address?

I have all the necessary info as well. This game rocks. I definitely think this is something worth getting into.
    Fear the Reaper!

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

If you have them harp, sure. Wont have time to look into it untill saturday but i asummed i could find it on their site or kickstarter page

21CW Ambassador

I contacted them through facebook some months ago if you remember, this is the message I got:

Heya Peter, Keith Weisglas here, Community manager for the game. The Clan Packs were aimed at a different audience than the other packs. If you want a large number of keys, you can contact me at support@joinsquad.com or ramblingkey02 on Skype, or give me a teamspeak/vent/mumble server you use and we can talk through it quickly and we can sort this out immediately. We are not giving keys away, we can if you have 30+ buyers, offer you a small discount across the board, let's say Clan 10 Pack for CAD$70/key with closed pre-alpha access included, OR , we can get you Commander Level pricing in bulk at around CAD$60/key.
    regards,
    C47: [16AA]RE|Cpl.machakio
    C48v1: [NB19]M|Fn.machakio (2lt)
    C48v2: [1FR]C|2Lt.machakio
    C49: [IMAB]W|Cpt.machakio

I know it'd be a big investment/a lot to ask for to get a whole clan into it, but it seems/ like a good game and stuff...

C43: [3AAG]BP|Cpl.Farreep | C44 (Beta): [5MR]IF|Pfc.Farreep | C45: [22AD]ST*|Pvt.Farreep | C46: [2ID]C|Cpt.Farreep | C47: [1CAV]MG.Farreep | C48: [NB19]Lt.Farreep | C49: SBS|Pvt.Farreep

Until I see a final release without massive crippling bugs, I won't be pre paying for another FPS as long as I live.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

Gonna be vehicles aswell.... i thought it was infrantry only
    [3SFG]Skulls|SGT.routaHHH ///// [1CAG]Skulls|Pvt.routaHHH ///// [1CAV]Chargers|CPT.routaHHH ///// [IDF]Adder.CPT.routaHHH ///// [SOAF]Sleepers of Jebel|2LT.routaHHH ///// [9AU]Scorpions|SFC.routaHHH ///// [USA]TPD|Pvt.routaHHH >>> Switched to >>> [3AAG]BW.Pvt.routaHHH ///// [7CAD]C|CPT.routaHHH ///// Retired ///// [ASF]D|Rec.routaHHH

Vehicles is cool, but it still looks like PR from BF2. Maybe insurgency level of quality.

And maybe this is just me... but when looking down a scope on a rifle you don't do it from a foot away.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|Cpt.Juno[XLV] View Post
    Vehicles is cool, but it still looks like PR from BF2. Maybe insurgency level of quality.

And maybe this is just me... but when looking down a scope on a rifle you don't do it from a foot away.
    Juno you keep forgetting it's pre-alpha ... Wonna bet they just don't have the textures for ADS yet?

It's not texture I'm talking about, it's the fact that the camera is so far away from the actual scope. Compare when they ADS in this, to battlefield. In squad, the scope takes up almost the guys whole screen, and he can't even see through it. For a game going for realism, that's a pretty massive grand canyon sized miss. The infantry movement is clunky and looks like they are sliding, not putting their feet on the ground. The textures are washed out on the walls, and the foliage is the same stock foliage used in other games. It doesn't react to them walking through it.

Game still has a minimap (yet quotes realism) , I just don't get it. What exactly is good about this game ? Just seems that in an already super saturated FPS market that this game will fall off the radar quickly. I just can't see this being the next big game for anywhere.

Hell red orchestra has all that this game has demonstrated, and it's been out for a while - and it's not that popular.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

Jeesh juno. Are you ignoring it all on purpose?
    It's pre- fucking alpha. Not alpha, not beta, not release. It doesn't even have all the features in yet.

ADS is a texture, you know, the image of the scope filling up your screen ... I'm preeeety confident that the importance of making that is pretty low on the list and just isn't implented yet. An easy and fast way to tempoearly give people something is a regular zoom of the screen without a texture poping up.

I sometimes wonder if you are just trolling or not when you keep ignoring the facts and other peoples comments time after time

Good lord, Juno, could you put your skepticism away for a moment and for once live in mild optimism? Be happy there's an alternative in the works for what we do here. Without mods we're in a desperate need for something new.
    Feel free to start modding ARMA, which is a badly optimized hard-to-get-into game.
    Last edited by [21CW]SBS|Rec.Tallmios; 08-24-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    [42MKR]C|PVT.Tallmios , [1FJR]B|SGT.Tallmios, [IDF]C|1LT.Tallmios, [RDG]W|SGT.Tallmios, [9AU]SP|SGT.Tallmios, [3AAG]D|1LT.Tallmios, [AMID]R|CPT.Tallmios, [101AD]S|PFC.Tallmios, [1CAV]G|Pvt.Tallmios, [NB19]M|Pvt.Tallmios, [ASF]KSK|PVT.Tallmios

I'm a troll because I ask questions about your beloved game that you gave no experience with ? It looks terrible, the fact that it's alpha doesn't change or forgive that. If you really expect it to look vastly different once it comes out of alpha you will only find disappointment.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Tournament Admin 21CW Platinum Donor (TA)Ba[Tt]Le's Avatar

Everything deserves a chance, regardless of one's opinion.

-Props to Stealth for the awesome sigs!

BF2 Camp 33 (75RR)A|1Lt.Ba[Tt]LeŽ, BF2 Camp 34 (1MED)Maj.Ba[Tt]LeŽ, BF3 Camp 35 (42MKR)B|PVT.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 36 (42MKR)A|CPT.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 37 (28JEF)MAJ.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 38 (1JEF)LTCOL.Ba[Tt]Le, BF3 Camp 39 (21CW)PR|Ba[Tt]Le BF3 camp 44 (TA)Ba[Tt]Le BF4 Camp 45 (TC)Ba[Tt]Le

Quote Originally Posted by (IMAB)K|Cpt.Juno[XLV] View Post
    I'm a troll because I ask questions about your beloved game that you gave no experience with ? It looks terrible, the fact that it's alpha doesn't change or forgive that. If you really expect it to look vastly different once it comes out of alpha you will only find disappointment.
    The fact that YOU think it looks terrible is completely subjective. Your opinion carries zero weight. The honest answer is that it looks 100x better than any "Battlefield" I've ever played. Too bad you'll miss out on all the fun. I for one won't miss your snide remarks nor your negativity.
    Fear the Reaper!

Good sweet Lord, I hope we are not going to ARMA 3. It's hard to get into a game which requires 10 minutes from respawn to fight, then dying, then respawn, then 10 minutes getting to the fight, rinse and repeat. And the three thousand key combinations to complete tasks makes remembering multiple chess openings look like child's play in comparison. Hell, I'd rather play CoD :-/

"That's right goddamn it, I said RAMMING SPEED!"
    - I totally said that on the Bridge of that sweet little Nimitz-class carrier...