Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suggestions/feedback for public server

Please post here your suggestions and/or feedback for our public server. I.E. if you are not happy with some settings or have some suggestions to improve it, share it here.

Re: Suggestions/feedback for public server

some of the things which were feedbacked to me where we are looking into:

- AI missions are too easy: One of the things which makes AI missions too easy is the ease of having vehicles and launchers. These should be limited
    - Too many vehicles/vehicles are easy to come by: We should be limiting the random vehicle spawns by possibly 90%. This makes it more difficult to get a proper vehicle unless you buy it. No more armed vehicles which spawn.
    - Limiting launchers: We are discussing on removing lauchers from the shops and making them mission items only.
    - Fixing ingame economy: After making above changes, money should be reset for all.

If you limit the launchers it should not become possible to just buy tanks, choppers with guns etc. People already use them to kill people trying to clear missions that reward you with launchers or use it to camp the weapon stores. Maybe just limit the lock-on launchers, that way you can't be shot out of your car from 500 meters or more.
    Also it might be worth seeing if you can make the stores a safe zone, so that people aren't camping them as much. Or don't show on the map if someone is at the safe zone.
    Campaign history: C37 [1CAG]V|SGT.Fengard, C38 [1CAV]HH|SGM.Fengard, C39 [1SOB]LD|CPT.Fengard, C40 [2SL]COL.Fengard, C41 [RDG]W|2LT.Fengard, C42 [9AU]COL.Fengard, C43 [3AAG]COL.Fengard, C44 [7CAD]COL.Fengard, C45 [22AD]GEN.Fengard, C46 [1MD]P|MSgt.Fengard, C47[1CAV]P|2Lt.Fengard, C48 [4ID]KPD|Cpt.Fengard, C49 [IMAB]KPD|Cpt.Fengard

Ai missions are too easy and its far too easy to get large amounts of cash when playing on an empty server.
    All store prices need going over to try and make an economy and mission rewards reduced
    Dnt agree that there is too many vehicles, maybe just make non armored vehicles randomly spawn (atv's suvs's etc.) nobody likes walking
    safe zones and removing gun store notifications wont be very hard to do. or change the map to altis then everybody isn't on top of each other and a trip to the gun store will take alot longer?

Ai is still to powerful (Aimbot, one shot headshot out of a flying vehicle/vehicle)
    Remove vehicles (armed) like tanks Jets, apc, instead make them rare mission rewards. (e.g chopper mission on the airstrip etc.)
    Accessible armed vehicles (Hunter; Strider; Ifrit HMG, M2 50.cal Offroad, Ghost Hawk) these will come with no explosives
    Limit the amount of AT in the mission crates.
    Increase the variety on weapon caches from missions ( instead of making it 3 crates)
    Having a way to safely store weapons in a safe (like cash) without a player being able to steal it.
    Less Sunken treasure missions. most of the times the server is flooded with those and no oneīs doing them.
    A bigger variety of missions/bigger missions. (Geo cache, Capture Base, Aircraft Wreck etc.)
    Fix spawn of missions. Most vehicle missions disappear because the vehicle gets destroyed in the process of spawning.
    Move the Northern Gunstore and the Gunstore above the Airfield to make it less attractive for camper instead of a safe zone. A safe zone will be a fest for camper.
    A capped area should be a spawnpoint for the faction that capped it without the need of a man in that area.
    Change the way how an area will be capped from killing everything to who has more player in that certain area. Itīll make fights more intense. Forcing the losing side to Seek and Destroy. And forcing the attacking side to get into the radius. Maybe give out rewards to the faction that conquered an area. ( Caches (weapons no AT), vehicles). At the same time try to set a trigger for that reward to remove the ability to exploit it. E.g If player amount blabla then player amount blabla etc.
    Remove Mortars completely. They are to overpowered.
    Remove Stationary AT, AA Launchers.
    Fix Chopper spawns on the North East Vehicle store. Most of the times they dont spawn on the ground, instead half in the air, making it impossible to take off without destroying it in the process or a need of another vehicle to tow it.

It would be nice to have a changelog on the forums to see what you guys actually changed or added on the server.
    Last edited by (21CW) Yummy; 04-07-2015 at 08:04 AM.

@all, we appreciate the suggestions and will look into them. Keep em coming
    @yummy, good suggestion about the change log.

Server on Veteran: Basically 3rd person off/ no cross hairs/ Arma Map Radar off

Plss dont change to the vetaran settings im getting sick of running in first person due to the screenshacking
    My Machine

CPU : Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
    Ram: 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    MBO: MSI Z77A-G45
    GPU: Galax GTX 980 SOC
    VRAM: 4 GB
    HDD: 2TB
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB
    Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
    Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD
    Monitor: Asus VS248H
    Headset: Sennheiser PC 151

we currently have no intentions on going veteran.

Guys,
    I am very new to Arma, and maybe some of my observations are 'tainted' by my BF experience (which I think in the Arma community puts me in the same category as COD players in BF...) and my general lack of skill, but here it goes:
    - Agree that the changelog is a great idea.
    - Agree that you should be able to spawn into any faction capped town/ area (I'd like to be able to spawn on the squad leader, but like I said, I am a BF convert....)
    - I think the Bots are a mix of hard/easy--their "aimbot" skills vs infantry are OP, but a squad of humans working together (or 2 guys in a tank) can run the table on them...I think this is a not entirely surprising or undesireable result. I think it just needs balancing...you should not be able to solo an OBJ, but a team working together should be able to defeat the AI...also keep in mind that there could be pubbies (or traitorous 21cw's....*cough* like Jay *cough*) that can turn the tables pretty quickly. Recommend dial down the aimbot a bit and limit--but not eliminate-- the tanks/ armor vehicles and AT launchers. (I think this may shift if the server ever becomes "live enough" to support pubbies and us fighting/ playing at the same time...vs a live OPFOR, we should have the full spectrum of equipment.)
    - I liked the idea of having the sandbox open during the week that can shape / set conditions for the battle on Sat...although this could present a balance issue if one team is "stacked" with guys that can grind out money/equipment during the week more than the other side, creating a major inbalance...this may be an idea that is good 'on paper' but less attractive in practice.
    - I agree that no one likes to walk for 20 minutes just to get to an ATM so that you can walk another 10 minutes just to START buying their equipment or find their body (spawning on capped towns or SL would cut this down too...again a BF-ism, but I don't see losing all your gear when you die and taking 30 minutes to set yourself back up as a "feature"---heresy I am sure...)
    - Agree more land based missions and fewer 'buried treasure' missions--more, faster spawn. Some of the mission-based mods I have sampled with McBain and Static were a lot of fun...maybe we could add those to the mix?
    - Like the idea of having a stash of equipment that you can tap if you are killed--like the ATM. Need to be replenished after use of course, but an ATM for equipment would be nice.

Also a general note on etiquette: if by chance we do get a pubbie, we should try and embrace them, invite them to the team...rather than mauling them which is what we have been doing or TKing them if they have the 'temerity' to take one of "our" captured vehicles... we are trying to encourage people to come to the server and ultimately join 21cw rather than running them off, which is what I think we did more of this weekend. Having said that, we should crush unmercifully trolls and general D-bags, of which we also had a share of this weekend...

My $.02
    -Beer
    Last edited by (TA)BeerHunter06; 04-07-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [4ID]K|1Lt.technac View Post
    Plss dont change to the vetaran settings im getting sick of running in first person due to the screenshacking
    You know you can turn that off right?

Is it least possible that the map hud doesnt auto spot you i.e. red dot appearing on the map
    Last edited by [IMAB]KHOR|Pvt.Mickd; 04-07-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Maybe add backpacks and vests as rewards for missions.
    Might be interesting to see if you could add a base that can act as spawnpoint and is protected by ai (same faction as who controls it). Give those ai a respawn of say 5 mins. Add some nice rewards (eg a big cash reward) for capturing it. This should be hard, so that you'd need a coordinated team effort to cap it. At the start it should be neutral or there should be 2 bases (one for bluefor one for opfor).
    Campaign history: C37 [1CAG]V|SGT.Fengard, C38 [1CAV]HH|SGM.Fengard, C39 [1SOB]LD|CPT.Fengard, C40 [2SL]COL.Fengard, C41 [RDG]W|2LT.Fengard, C42 [9AU]COL.Fengard, C43 [3AAG]COL.Fengard, C44 [7CAD]COL.Fengard, C45 [22AD]GEN.Fengard, C46 [1MD]P|MSgt.Fengard, C47[1CAV]P|2Lt.Fengard, C48 [4ID]KPD|Cpt.Fengard, C49 [IMAB]KPD|Cpt.Fengard

This is a cool idea.

server locked?

dev server is, 21CW ARMA 3 is not
    "Tappy tap tap"

- Bigger backpacks
    Currently, there is no option to store a large weapon in your backpack and have another in your hands, even with the biggest backpack. If you want a sniper and a CQB gun, your out of luck. There is a mod I know of that adds new gear including new larger backpacks that I will mention in a minute.

- More guns
    The assortment of guns in stock Arma3 are tiny compared to what many of the modded servers offer. The main mod that most servers seem to be running is by Red Hammer Studios and is available at http://www.rhsmods.org/ . This mod not only adds numerous new weapons to Arma, it also adds new gear including large backpacks to solve the problem as noted above.

- Chernarus
    Stratis and Altis aren't horrible, but they pale in comparison to Chernarus. Chernarus is a map that is very popular in the Arma community. You can find this map available at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682

- Armor and Launchers
    First of all, make tanks and apc's non-buyable. Tanks should only be available to capture in difficult missions. Secondly, remove all lock on AT missiles. These missiles quite frankly turn the game into easy mode, stand 1000m away, look at target, point and click; that is it, no skill. While currently the lock-on AT missiles are needed due to everyone and their mother driving around in a tank, this would be solved by making tanks much more rare. As it stands now, using the lock-on AT on anything other than a tank, just seems cheap.

- Storage
    We need the ability to store weapons like we do money. As far as I know, the only mod that does this is the Epoch mod which would also allow us to have proper base building.

C38 - [1FJR]B|SGT.Zone15 | C40 - [IDF]C|PVT.Zone15 | C41 - [RDG]B|2LT.Zone15 | C42 - [18AD]F|2LT.Zone15 | C43 - [USA]B|CPT.Zone15 | C44 - [AMID]W|Cpt.Zone15 | C45 - [AMID]R|2Lt.Zone15 | C46 - [PLAN]J|1Lt.Zone15 | C47 - [16AA]RE|LCPL.Zone15 | C48 - [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 | C49 - [IMAB]KPD|1Lt.Zone15

On 95% of the things mentioned I agree in this thread.
    It will take some time to make it happen.
    Today I've set up a Dev server but I have yet to grant access to Pob, DW and the others.
    On the Dev server we will test scripts and mods before implementing this to the pub server and this server will also be used to test battle missions.

Raz im sure if you asked Rocko for a particular script he will help you out or point you in the right direction

Campaign 37 (SSGT), Campaign 38 (Grunt), Campaign 40 (1LT)
    Campaign 41 (SGT), Campaign 42 (CPT), Campaign 43 (Grunt)
    Beta Campaign 44 (CPT), Campaign 45 (SGT), Campaign 46 (SSGT),
    Campaign 47 (CPL), Campaign 48 (SGT)

Quote Originally Posted by [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 View Post
    - Storage
    We need the ability to store weapons like we do money. As far as I know, the only mod that does this is the Epoch mod which would also allow us to have proper base building.
    1) Buy a crate at a supply store
    2) Place your desired weapons in this crate
    3) Place the crate in the desired location i.e somewhere safe and off the beaten track.
    4) Lock the crate by aiming at it and scrolling down on the action menu, select Lock.

Boom crate and weapons are stored to the database until its deleted/cleaned.

Please be aware this crate will be present in the server when your not on it. As such any weapons your absolutely do not want to get looted should remain on your person.

The weapons and crates will return even after a server reboot as long as the database isnt deleted/cleaned.

As an aside do not leave weapons in a vehicle as these inventory items are not stored in the database (as far as I know) The RF3 inventory items definitely are not.
    Last edited by [IMAB]KHOR|Pvt.Mickd; 04-08-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: adding more infos

Quote Originally Posted by [KHOR]Pvt.Mickd View Post
    1) Buy a crate at a supply store
    2) Place your desired weapons in this crate
    3) Place the crate in the desired location i.e somewhere safe and off the beaten track.
    4) Lock the crate by aiming at it and scrolling down on the action menu, select Lock.

Boom crate and weapons are stored to the database until its deleted/cleaned.

Please be aware this crate will be present in the server when your not on it. As such any weapons your absolutely do not want to get looted should remain on your person.

The weapons and crates will return even after a server reboot as long as the database isnt deleted/cleaned.

As an aside do not leave weapons in a vehicle as these inventory items are not stored in the database (as far as I know) The RF3 inventory items definitely are not.
    Yea, IMO that's dumb. No point in storage unless it's lockable. I'm not gonna go collect a bunch of gear when someone else can waltz along and take it with no effort on their part.

C38 - [1FJR]B|SGT.Zone15 | C40 - [IDF]C|PVT.Zone15 | C41 - [RDG]B|2LT.Zone15 | C42 - [18AD]F|2LT.Zone15 | C43 - [USA]B|CPT.Zone15 | C44 - [AMID]W|Cpt.Zone15 | C45 - [AMID]R|2Lt.Zone15 | C46 - [PLAN]J|1Lt.Zone15 | C47 - [16AA]RE|LCPL.Zone15 | C48 - [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 | C49 - [IMAB]KPD|1Lt.Zone15

Also, apparently it's not the fact that there are different backpacks, it seems that some servers have edited the size of their backpacks in their mission files. Had a Carryall backpack on another server that held 2 sniper rifles where the same backpack on our server won't even hold a medium sized rifle. The stock capacity is 320 and I believe they probably had it set to 1000-1200.

So you would like a weapon in your hand a sidearm, 2 sniper rifles in your backpack probs have a rocket launcher on and all the ammo to go with these weapons? I would hate to put fatigue on the server because you wouldn't move

and you say lock on AT makes it easy mode.
    "Tappy tap tap"

Quote Originally Posted by (1FR)GEN.Lihou969 View Post
    So you would like a weapon in your hand a sidearm, 2 sniper rifles in your backpack probs have a rocket launcher on and all the ammo to go with these weapons? I would hate to put fatigue on the server because you wouldn't move

and you say lock on AT makes it easy mode.
    This thread is for suggestions, I give them, and then you mock me? Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way, I don't know; either way I didn't appreciate the condescending nature of the post.

I didn't say anything about wanting 2 sniper rifles in your backpack, just that I had noticed that on another server. What would be ideal is having a backpack that would allow at least one extra primary weapon (such as a sniper rifle) in your backpack. The idea being that you could have one gun for close quarters and one gun for sniping. Also, if you ever had played Arma2, you would know that having backpacks that allowed you to carry extra weapons was quite common. There are many reasons to carry more than one gun. I would really like to know how you can compare locking on to someone 1km away well out of harm's way is in any way a relation to having multiple primary weapons available. You can still only use one gun at a time.

You can hang your hat on the "realism" excuse all you want but Dogma just recently said this in the shoutbox: "21CW isn't about "realism." Never has been. It's a combination of teamwork, tactics, and fast, furious fun. Getting into the action quickly and remaining in it as needed." Just because something is more realistic, doesn't make it better. If you want to go down the super realistic route, you're going to greatly reduce the audience we are trying to reach.
    Last edited by Zone15; 04-09-2015 at 07:20 AM.

21CW Ambassador

In battlefield you don't have 2 primary weapons either, not sure it is such a good idea altough I do understand what you are suggesting Zone
    C47: [16AA]RE|Cpl.machakio
    C48v1: [NB19]M|Fn.machakio (2lt)
    C48v2: [1FR]C|2Lt.machakio
    C49: [IMAB]W|Cpt.machakio

Zone its a question followed by 2 comments made in jest nothing more

Keep the suggestions coming
    "Tappy tap tap"

Quote Originally Posted by (1FR)GEN.Lihou969 View Post
    Zone its a question followed by 2 comments made in jest nothing more

Keep the suggestions coming
    No problem man, I was dead tired when I read your post and probably just took it the wrong way.

I suggest removing long range snipers all together. They are the default ez mode in my opinion. Every time I've played on the server, every single solitary person was using a sniper rifle. That's just stupid. I don't want to play bush wookie mania where I have to travel 10 minutes in a truck, just to get hit from a guy that I have ZERO chance of even seeing, let alone killing. People just set up miles away, smoke the ai, and then walk in like it's nothing. That's not fun, teamwork, or challenging in anyway.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

Can someone check the server parameters, the mission restarts when the server is empty. this is a royal PITA and it doesnt need to do this. We used to run a Wasteland server for a full week and it didnt need restarted, especially not if it was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by [KHOR]Pvt.Mickd View Post
    Can someone check the server parameters, the mission restarts when the server is empty. this is a royal PITA and it doesnt need to do this. We used to run a Wasteland server for a full week and it didnt need restarted, especially not if it was empty.
    Can anyone look into this? Its a real pain capping points only to have to go afk for an hour then have to come back and recap the same points. You cant get a good game going as your constantly 1st-capping points. Let the server stay alive and get some persistence-cy.

Yeah looking into it mate, its a setting in our server provider CP it should be resolved ill double check it 2morrow. Sorry for the slow response been busy doing normal human things like going out
    "Tappy tap tap"