Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arma 3 is 50% off on Steam until March 30

Arma 3 is 50% off on Steam until March 30

Link to Steam store page
    Note: All prices are in USD.
    Arma 3 - $29.99
    Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (includes digital sountrack, maps, etc)- $32.49
    Arma 3 Extended Edition (included DLC bundle) - $37.49

Re: Arma 3 is 50% off on Steam until March 30

Thanks for the heads up!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

SMH I bought the game for $59.99 the day before....
    C17 - [3ID]EZ|Cpl. | C18 - [24ME]AF|CW2. | C19 - [101st]C|Pvt. | C24 - [1CD]D|Pvt. | C25 - [7ID]AF|CW2. | C26 - [11AD]VX9|CW2. | C27 - [29ID]AF|2LT. | C48 - (TA) | C49 - (TA) | C50 - (TA)

21CW Enlisted 21CW Silver Donor

21CW Ambassador
    21CW VIP Member

Buh. Still too afraid it's too low paced for me.

If 21cw would go there i'd buy it but otherwise i'm not so sure

#38 [1FJR]SY|2LT.Webke #39 [1CMD]R|CPT.Webke #40 [GAFE]MG.Webke #41 [RDG]MG.Webke #42 [9AU]GEN.Webke #43 [3AAG]BW|CPT.Webke #44 [7CAD]V|SLT.Webke #45 [101AD]R|CPL.Webke #46 - 47 [TA]Webke #48 [1FR]W|PFC.Webke #49 [ASF]D|PFC.Webke #50 [21CW]D|PVT.Webke

Quote Originally Posted by [1FR]W|PFC.Webke View Post
    Buh. Still too afraid it's too low paced for me.

If 21cw would go there i'd buy it but otherwise i'm not so sure
    Then you should buy it. It is in the future for 21CW. as far as the pace that can be speed up or down.

I also want to make sure people understand that it does NOT mean we wont be playing BF4, we can do both. people play more than 1 game all the time.
    Last edited by Mcbain; 03-24-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [IC]McBain View Post
    Then you should buy it. It is in the future for 21CW. as far as the pace that can be speed up or down.

I also want to make sure people understand that it does NOT mean we wont be playing BF4, we can do both. people play more than 1 game all the time.
    Really? I would think Arma would be way too buggy for good competitive play.

C38 - [1FJR]B|SGT.Zone15 | C40 - [IDF]C|PVT.Zone15 | C41 - [RDG]B|2LT.Zone15 | C42 - [18AD]F|2LT.Zone15 | C43 - [USA]B|CPT.Zone15 | C44 - [AMID]W|Cpt.Zone15 | C45 - [AMID]R|2Lt.Zone15 | C46 - [PLAN]J|1Lt.Zone15 | C47 - [16AA]RE|LCPL.Zone15 | C48 - [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 | C49 - [IMAB]KPD|1Lt.Zone15

Quote Originally Posted by [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 View Post
    Really? I would think Arma would be way too buggy for good competitive play.
    And battlefield isn't ? Lol

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

comp play arma is untouched. There is so much scope to make it good.
    "Tappy tap tap"

Arma and battlefield cannot be compared. Two totally different game types. Yes it's both FPS and has vehicles, but the buck stops there.

Hey guys!
    I'm considering ARMA 3, I think it would be really fun to play scenarios with you guys and 21CW is the perfect place to make it happen. I have some questions though, as I've never played it or any other ARMA game. This is despite owning ARMA 2 which is so damn complicated I could never actually play it. I would be happy to play it with other ARMA people though as they could guide me through some of the process.

When you enter a vehicle or interact with it on the field, for example the CH-67 Huron, can you actually walk around in the transport compartment or look around inside the cabin?

Does the CH-54 Skycrane have any of the troop transport containers available in the game? Perhaps even the field hospital container? Can you walk around in them?

A part of me is really intrigued by the idea of interacting with and exploring some of the vehicles just for the sake of it being like a virtual aircraft tour. I'm kind of a helicopter fanatic.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by [21CW]Cypher; 03-26-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Some of the vehicles have interiors you can look around and see, walking around however isn't an option you would have to switch seats. As far as containers I'm not sure but the new helicopter DLC makes it possible for choppers tp lift lots of objects and custom objects can be created. Check out some of the youtube vehicle videos, there is simple and then some people have gone all out and made replicas inside and out of certain vehicles.

-DW

OK, I plunked down $37 big ones today on this game today Mr. McBain
    this sh*t had better rock... big time

Quote Originally Posted by [IC]McBain View Post

Not sold on switching to Arma 3. If I wanted to spend half the time travelling across the map... I would play Arma 3.

Hope there's further discussion on this subject before it goes down, 21CW is a BF tournament IMHO.

I have to say I agree with Yarghh on both fronts. If it is a serious intention for some members to turn Arma 3 into a tournament, some well thought out discussions
    need to be held on how it effects 21CW and the Battlefield community. I remember FFTF got a deluge of players who emigrated from here to play Battlefield when
    21CW got switched to Front lines Fuel of War. I can't see the gain in jeopardizing Battlefield player numbers like that again, especially while we know there is a
    Battlefield 2016 title in the works.

C47-1CAV.Cpl

The next battlefield title will offer more of the same. The 21CW era of battlefield is dead. We went with battlefield in the first place because it allowed us the freedom to make our own mod, and our own maps, which lead to people coming here for that reason. Battlefield 5, unless it offers modding or mapping (it wont) will end us in the same place we are now. Playing the same maps week in week out, trying to squeeze in modes people don't want just for the sake of variety.

There is a ton of maps for BF4, yet we play barely half of them. Why , because people like what they like and they vote for the same boring zavod/golmud over and over. A new Battlefield won't do anything. Moving from BF3 to BF4 didn't get us anyone new overall.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

I would agree with you Juno, if I hadn't already seen the same thing happen to FFTF. That tournament went from decent numbers( in between BF2 and BFBC2) to none at all. First it crippled itself when the leadership became interested into switching to ARMA 2. A second site was put up, under the Viper Tournaments Brand (Same as FFTF). It was meant to be a sister site. It was said both could be played by people involved in each. However there are only 2 days in a weekend for battle and people only have so much time, so they gravitate. FFTF and it's Battlefield branch became neglected by Admin staff, and those with leadership potential. The ARMA sister tournament while a fun pet project under the name of Armed Global Warfare never took off. The simple reason is that the ARMA community is way too small in comparison to Battlefield. Those interested in committing time to an organized tournament is even smaller. The odds are better when sticking with battlefield when 21CW's survive-ability is concerned. I've kept an eye on this thread, and the entire time, all I feel is deja-vu. 21CW has survived years without being able to mod (BFBC2 and on wards). There's no reason it shouldn't survive longer if the effort that would be going into branching out into ARMA, were put into recruiting for Battlefield and getting 21CW's name out there. As a battlefield player I don't want to see history repeat itself, first with Frontlines, now with ARMA. I'm sure others feel the same.

And here is the link to Armed Global Warfares website. It's been an 'active' branch of Viper tournaments going on 3+ years now. Total posts at 237 with 280* members. I can't see 21CW having any better luck in a game with such a small player base.

http://www.armedglobalwarfare.com/index.php
    Last edited by [1FR]D|SSgt.Scorpion; 03-27-2015 at 07:44 PM.

C47-1CAV.Cpl

21CW is not surviving. I can perhaps see why some might view it as such, but it's not. There is less players here now than has ever been the case before. The leadership core is dried up, and mostly moved on. Those of us that are leaders now are leaders because we needed to be, to simply keep the tournament afloat. We don't make enough money, and are constantly craving donations. The tournament only exists through the stalwart dedication and sheer stubborness of the loyal few.

A change MUST be made to ensure the viability of the 21CW name for the future. 100 players playing against each other time in and out gets very old, very fast. 280 Members would be a massive improvement over what we have now.

Just as a history note, 21CW did not change to FFOW because the playerbase wanted it. We changed because the IC in charge wanted to do his own thing, and didn't give a shit what anyone else thought about it. If I was to say anything about the owners it would be this, they are all long time players here, and they have the tournaments best interests at heart first and foremost.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

You and I both know that out of 280 members perhaps 40 would be active. Look at 21CW's member numbers vs those actually Active ratio. I'm not trying to step on toes, or anger anyone. We obviously both want to see this place succeed. All I'm saying is we cannot be blind to the facts when it comes to ARMA's small player base. That cannot be ignored. All I'm doing here is offering my experience, and being as realistic about the outcome of such a move based on that experience. I'm sure the TA's will address the issue at some point in the future with a full picture, after opening discussions on it with the community.

C47-1CAV.Cpl

ArmA 3 purchased. It could be awesome but much slower paced imo.
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

21CW Ambassador

We could at least keep some events in Battlefield... The games are completely different and I don't see me playing survival (Arma 3 - like games) as often as I see me playing Battlefield (which allows me to join a server, get a couple of kills and leave to my doings, happy)
    C47: [16AA]RE|Cpl.machakio
    C48v1: [NB19]M|Fn.machakio (2lt)
    C48v2: [1FR]C|2Lt.machakio
    C49: [IMAB]W|Cpt.machakio

If we are going to include Arma 3 into our tournament, might I suggest of just rotating each week between Arma and Battlefield. This means that those who want to play both can. Those we enjoy either of them but want to play every week can then play the other game as well. This would not only makes things easier on Admins, but motivates players who enjoy 21CW to do both. Some of the leaders are able to play both as well and that would mean that even with the limited people willing to lead we should be able to make it work.
    Campaign history: C37 [1CAG]V|SGT.Fengard, C38 [1CAV]HH|SGM.Fengard, C39 [1SOB]LD|CPT.Fengard, C40 [2SL]COL.Fengard, C41 [RDG]W|2LT.Fengard, C42 [9AU]COL.Fengard, C43 [3AAG]COL.Fengard, C44 [7CAD]COL.Fengard, C45 [22AD]GEN.Fengard, C46 [1MD]P|MSgt.Fengard, C47[1CAV]P|2Lt.Fengard, C48 [4ID]KPD|Cpt.Fengard, C49 [IMAB]KPD|Cpt.Fengard

Quote Originally Posted by [4ID]KPD|Cpt.Fengard View Post
    If we are going to include Arma 3 into our tournament, might I suggest of just rotating each week between Arma and Battlefield. This means that those who want to play both can. Those we enjoy either of them but want to play every week can then play the other game as well. This would not only makes things easier on Admins, but motivates players who enjoy 21CW to do both. Some of the leaders are able to play both as well and that would mean that even with the limited people willing to lead we should be able to make it work.
    I think that would probably just kill both. We barely have enough people to run things now and yet we want to add another game to the mix? IMO, adding Arma3 to 21CW would lead to the end of 21CW.

C38 - [1FJR]B|SGT.Zone15 | C40 - [IDF]C|PVT.Zone15 | C41 - [RDG]B|2LT.Zone15 | C42 - [18AD]F|2LT.Zone15 | C43 - [USA]B|CPT.Zone15 | C44 - [AMID]W|Cpt.Zone15 | C45 - [AMID]R|2Lt.Zone15 | C46 - [PLAN]J|1Lt.Zone15 | C47 - [16AA]RE|LCPL.Zone15 | C48 - [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 | C49 - [IMAB]KPD|1Lt.Zone15

If we post on ArmA boards or steam and get groups to see what we (may) do, we can easily fill an ArmA server just as we can fill our Battle server. It almost happened the past two weeks.

That being said, we should change nothing with Battlefield, just add ArmA on Sunday if there is enough interest.
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

To be honest the modding factor with ARM3 gives us way to tailor it to our needs. We had a very active modding team here over the years and Im sure we have people who are bright enough to figure it out and start hammering out updates that benefit 21CW.

In fact Ill start now, not that I'm smart enough, but its a beginning.

For the folks who feel arma 3 is too slow a pace I have to disagree. Missions can be tailored to have as fast a respawn and closeness to the battle as feels appropriate. Also IMO Arma 3 has a much higher skill ceiling and people who spend the time to be good marksman and leaders will have a more drastic impact on the game. I will say this, its is not pure twitch based combat, you will do vastly better if you use your brain for a change but somehow that appeals to me. Firefights involve more than just being the fastest, they require teamwork and in fact feel more deadly to me and worth the small wait there will be in the planning stage. Long travel times and trying to find fights is something that people say when they play on sandbox servers using the whole map and a survival system. While this type of game is great for practicing your various skillsets it will not be what the tournament consists of in the end. And again as more people have harped on having a set of mods we combine into something you can ONLY get at 21CW increases the appeal of actually playing here.

Just like any game nothing is going to scratch everyones particular itch, but a game that is modifiable will come a lot close for the majority than some shit title barely different than the last one except you have to buy a newer graphics card to play it. People who say arma 3 doesn't have a good community base are just talking out of their asses as a simple google search will show you entities like shack tactical, the dayz folks, the epoch mod folks, project reality (who also left BF at BF2) and many more "mod" communities that play arma 3 in their own unique way. I think 21CW has a chance to create a real spot for itself among those communities. Thats just my 2 cents.

-DW
    Last edited by (A3)DigitalWolves; 03-29-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Just as a history note, 21CW did not change to FFOW because the playerbase wanted it. We changed because the IC in charge wanted to do his own thing, and didn't give a shit what anyone else thought about it. If I was to say anything about the owners it would be this, they are all long time players here, and they have the tournaments best interests at heart first and foremost.
    Juno it wasnt the IC DWillis choice to switch to FFOW it was the former owners MYIS they had a contract with the dev company Chaos and they switched the game to FFOW for that reason . to help promote that game.

I do think the current owners have the tournaments best interests at heart first and foremost.

Thanks Juno for the support. we only want the best for 21CW and its community/tournament.

Just got Arma3 and played a good bit the past couple days with some guys here. I do have one big suggestion though. I think we should try having no tanks. Played on the 21CW server yesterday and honestly didn't have much fun and was ready to write of my $37 purchase. It wasn't until I joined Tom, Duke, LdrHavoc and others on a different server that didn't have heavy armor did I start to have fun playing this game. Tanks and armor are so OP in this game that they really take away most of the strategy and as an infantryman, ruins the game. At the very least, tanks and armor should be rare so not every person on the server has their own tank as it seemed to be when I played. I also preferred the revive system on the other server I played, where you could basically lie their dead indefinitely until you got revived by any player. It made it much more fun to play as a group instead of having to respawn and try to work your way back, you could just wait until your teammates cleared the area and revive you. If you didn't want to wait or your teammates needed your help, you could always press esc to respawn like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by [4ID]KPD|2Lt.Zone15 View Post
    Just got Arma3 and played a good bit the past couple days with some guys here. I do have one big suggestion though. I think we should try having no tanks. Played on the 21CW server yesterday and honestly didn't have much fun and was ready to write of my $37 purchase. It wasn't until I joined Tom, Duke, LdrHavoc and others on a different server that didn't have heavy armor did I start to have fun playing this game. Tanks and armor are so OP in this game that they really take away most of the strategy and as an infantryman, ruins the game. At the very least, tanks and armor should be rare so not every person on the server has their own tank as it seemed to be when I played. I also preferred the revive system on the other server I played, where you could basically lie their dead indefinitely until you got revived by any player. It made it much more fun to play as a group instead of having to respawn and try to work your way back, you could just wait until your teammates cleared the area and revive you. If you didn't want to wait or your teammates needed your help, you could always press esc to respawn like normal.
    I concur. I've played about 8 hours in the past day and really enjoy the game but I would definitely try to fix the tank issue. I can see how this would be a 21CW killer. We would have to recruit big time because I can see 75% of people jumping ship. But ya .... Love ARMA 3. Hopefully there will be some people on tonight. No fun trying to tackle objectives yourself.
    Fear the Reaper!

A tank? a rocket or two and there is no tank. Have no rockets? there are plenty objectives away from the tank until you get rockets. Going up against the AI tanks without rockets? have a word with yourself

The server is in pub mode on a sandbox mission. If you have suggestions then fire them up and we will see what we can do.

EDIT: If you see something you liked on another server ie the bleedout timer. let us know and that can be changed.
    "Tappy tap tap"

Quote Originally Posted by (1FR)GEN.Lihou969 View Post
    A tank? a rocket or two and there is no tank. Have no rockets? there are plenty objectives away from the tank until you get rockets. Going up against the AI tanks without rockets? have a word with yourself

The server is in pub mode on a sandbox mission. If you have suggestions then fire them up and we will see what we can do.

EDIT: If you see something you liked on another server ie the bleedout timer. let us know and that can be changed.
    Roger dodger.

I tried joining other servers last night after everyone got off but no luck. "Unable to Connect". Can join the 21CW server just fine.
    Fear the Reaper!