Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Walking Dead

Anyone else here a fan of this show?

After the disaster of season two, the show's been getting much better. Season four's been keeping me on the edge of my seat!

Campaign History:

"You never have to retreat if you never leave your base."

Re: The Walking Dead

I found season four at start a bit boring, but then boom the battle at the prison and everything got a lot more serious. The biggest danger to the group isn't some lame disease anymore, I find these episodes since the midseasonbreak a lot more interesting.
    Campaign history: C37 [1CAG]V|SGT.Fengard, C38 [1CAV]HH|SGM.Fengard, C39 [1SOB]LD|CPT.Fengard, C40 [2SL]COL.Fengard, C41 [RDG]W|2LT.Fengard, C42 [9AU]COL.Fengard, C43 [3AAG]COL.Fengard, C44 [7CAD]COL.Fengard, C45 [22AD]GEN.Fengard, C46 [1MD]P|MSgt.Fengard, C47[1CAV]P|2Lt.Fengard, C48 [4ID]KPD|Cpt.Fengard, C49 [IMAB]KPD|Cpt.Fengard

I like it. It would be more interesting if they kept on the move, meeting new people and trying to live other places.
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

Love it love it love it!

Campaign 37 (SSGT), Campaign 38 (Grunt), Campaign 40 (1LT)
    Campaign 41 (SGT), Campaign 42 (CPT), Campaign 43 (Grunt)
    Beta Campaign 44 (CPT), Campaign 45 (SGT), Campaign 46 (SSGT),
    Campaign 47 (CPL), Campaign 48 (SGT)

The latest events have been keeping me really on edge. The episode last night was amazing, but I feel incredibly nervous about what's going to happen. Someone major is going to die and who is a giant unknown.

Campaign History:

The new storyline they have introduced with the scientist crew has me intrigued, but I wonder if , or how much of it , is BS - As we already know the CDC side of that story, but we've heard nothing about how the US Government dealt with the crisis. Should be good (I Hope)

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

Yea, now comes a good part (I've read the comics as well)
    I do think they ****ed up daryl's character somewhat by having him break down on alcohol. He was always the cool silent dude who's got everything under control.

C40 [GAFE]S|Pvt.Rubb - C42 [18AD]F|A1.Rubb - C43 [3AAG]S|WO1.Rubb - C44 [5MR]W|Cpl.Rubb - C45 [101AD]R|1SGT.Rubb - C46 [1MD]W|Rec.Rubb

I don't see it as a break down , more of a relapse. The apocalypse basically gave him a purpose in life, a place in a group - some self worth. Now that his way of life hit the ****ter again, he hit the bottle

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Doesn't need to be so deep for me. Last episode made up for it though

C40 [GAFE]S|Pvt.Rubb - C42 [18AD]F|A1.Rubb - C43 [3AAG]S|WO1.Rubb - C44 [5MR]W|Cpl.Rubb - C45 [101AD]R|1SGT.Rubb - C46 [1MD]W|Rec.Rubb

I've ended up fast forwarding half of the recent episodes. Too much talking....

Seems to me they're struggling with what to do, about to jump the shark.

They were really good at stretching scenes in the last season. It's painful when you realize it.
    Dammit Gym, I'm a couch potato not a badazz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You just can't help some people."

Talking is part of it ! Character development ftw. I don't give a crap if they never kill another walker, it's the threat of the walkers that creates the tension - Not the walkers themselves.

As the walkers are only an issue if you are stupid. Especially since they should all known Michaun's cut off their arms and jaws trick, nobody should be having any trouble with walkers - Yet they do. Like they have totally forgotten all the lessons they've learned about them thus far.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

My issues with the Walking Dead:

1. The majority of people are idiots. Armor? Better weapons? Etc... yet they still get killed by zombies. I'd be decked out in chain mail, which is relatively simple to make... like you could make it out of a chain link fence with relatively minimal effort.

2. The majority of the characters are minimally developed, even with all this exposition we've seen the last season or two. Daryl is basically the only character with any intrigue involved. Ok, they represent archetypes but they're soooo one dimesional.

3. No one ever runs out of bullets for the particular gun they have. Like Rick must have a massive stash of .44 ammo (or whatever the handcannon he uses takes). Especially for Daryl's arrows.

5. Everyone is so clean. And clean shaven. And well groomed. Only their clothes get dirty, which makes no sense since that's one thing there's clearly an abundance of.

6. And someone keeps cutting all the grass everywhere...

6. There are no fat zombies. This is AMERICA!

7. There are very few black zombies. They're supposed to be in Georgia right? And very few black cast members for that matter. I'm really hoping that more of The Wire cast somehow gets in here.

8. They never seem to visit stores aka a Walmart. I thought these things were everywhere.

9. They haven't found any radios.

10. There's an overabundance of useless motorcycles.

I just want to go Yaargh sometimes when I watch this show. These are just general comments, some of the specific plot lines are bad enough in themselves. /rantoff

Yaargh for someone that has so many problems with the show, you have obviously watched it enough times to pick up these problems, so it must be doing something right to keep you watching? Lol Now stop trying to ruin the best series on tv for years you just gotta role with it and ride the big walking dead wave :P

Campaign 37 (SSGT), Campaign 38 (Grunt), Campaign 40 (1LT)
    Campaign 41 (SGT), Campaign 42 (CPT), Campaign 43 (Grunt)
    Beta Campaign 44 (CPT), Campaign 45 (SGT), Campaign 46 (SSGT),
    Campaign 47 (CPL), Campaign 48 (SGT)

All of his points are very valid, you just have to suspend your disbelief to enjoy the show

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by [22AD]SP|SGT.BanJaxGav View Post
    Yaargh for someone that has so many problems with the show, you have obviously watched it enough times to pick up these problems, so it must be doing something right to keep you watching? Lol Now stop trying to ruin the best series on tv for years you just gotta role with it and ride the big walking dead wave :P
    I'm a fan of the concept and the first two seasons were solid.

Far from the top show in years, like so so very far :P. I keep watching because I hope that they are able to bring it back to form and there's a couple of characters I'm interested in seeing what happens.

I'm ok suspending my disbelief to a degree, when it comes to plot elements especially. I never mentioned the fact that people just have an amazing ability to show up at either opportune/inopportune times depending on what is called for. Most of the things I mentioned though I put into the category of silly oversight though.

I agree with all your points yaargh, including those on the quality of the show. I had come to the same conclusion you did , and had even stopped watching. However my wife loves it so she dragged me back in, I just learned I have to lower my expectations and simply enjoy it. Not every episode can be amazing, so I just enjoy those that are.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Registered User 21CW Silver Donor
    21CW VIP Member

I missed the first season but watched every show since. Not sure if I want to see the first season but heard it was good. I wonder what will happen with the guy that knows how to stop this that wants to go to D.C. ? Will he make it? Will this end the show?

Many thanks to SGEN Stealth for my Sig!
    U
    SAF 1981-1985. 21CWBF2:C#23 (3MD)EZ|LCpl.Chevy24go C#24 (1CD)EZ|SFC.Chevy C#25 (7ID)EZ|CPL.Chevy C#26 (11AD)EZ|2Lt.Chevy24go C#27 (29ID)A|2Lt.Chevy C#33 (75RR)A|Pvt.Chevy C#34 (2MEF)A|Cpl.Chevy. ICJO: C#19 {SA}4|Sgt.Chevy 21CWBC2: C#28 BC2 Beta: (2ID)EZ|SGT.Chevy C#29 (1ID)EZ|SSGT.Chevy C#30 (4GKT)B|1LT.Chэvy 21CWBF3: Beta2:(1MD)S|Pvt.Chevy24go C#40:(2SL)M|SGT.Chevy

I'm pretty sure that guy is just bonkers.

Kirkman has done a very good job of blending the show and comic together. The show is incredibly different from the comic, but it keeps to the same basic plot. We're guessing just enough to stay interested.

Character development is usually a very bad sign for characters though. In most shows, that's a signal for their undoing. I mean, you guys saw the foreshadowing from the last episode, right? I mean, the past two episodes have tons really.

Campaign History:

Mind blowing episode last night!
    If it feels like more than two fingers, it's probably a c**k

All I have to say about it is, about f'ing time !

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Haha. Mind blowing. I see what you did there.
    C35 - [42MKR]D|PVT | C36 - [42MKR]B|SPC | C37 - [28JEF]D|CPT | C38 - [1FJR]COL | C39 - [1CMD]R|PVT | C40 - [GAFE]Ti|WO1 | C41 - [RDG]B|CPT | C42 - [TA] | C44 - [AMID]W|PVT | C44 - [USMC]Col

Season finale was pretty damn decent

It was a great season finale, my guess Cannibals
    Campaign history: C37 [1CAG]V|SGT.Fengard, C38 [1CAV]HH|SGM.Fengard, C39 [1SOB]LD|CPT.Fengard, C40 [2SL]COL.Fengard, C41 [RDG]W|2LT.Fengard, C42 [9AU]COL.Fengard, C43 [3AAG]COL.Fengard, C44 [7CAD]COL.Fengard, C45 [22AD]GEN.Fengard, C46 [1MD]P|MSgt.Fengard, C47[1CAV]P|2Lt.Fengard, C48 [4ID]KPD|Cpt.Fengard, C49 [IMAB]KPD|Cpt.Fengard

I thought it was a giant letdown personally.

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor

Season 5 is probably gonna be the best yet.... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=648989548471594
    *Competitions: Team Spider Pigs Subterfuge [2nd Place Runner/ 28 June 2014/ 5v5 CTF]*
    BF3 C35 Beta I - [24ME]EZ|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C35 Beta II - [1MD]G|Cpl.GivemeGiveme , BF3 C36 - [42MKR]A|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C38 - [1FJR]SR|PFC.GivemeGiveme,
    BF2 C39 Retro - [1CMD]BT|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C40 - [GAFE]S|SGT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C41 - [RDG]D|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C42 - [9AU]C|SGT.GivemeGiveme,
    BF3 C43 - [USA]E|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C44 - [7CAD]S|LT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C45 - [AMID]W|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C46 - [PLAN]W|2Lt.GivemeGiveme

Disappointed in the ending, could have been so much better, high ratings ensures another season although next season will be make or break if they continue

Personally, I was let down as well. Honestly though, there was/is a lot to wrap up. There's no way they would've been able to close everything in that last finale. Plus, TWD has a bad habit of leaving massive cliffhangers and picking up immediately from where they left off.

I wish they would've stayed with the comics on the last line. The swear word used in the comics made the line resonate better.

For me the question remains: who dies next?

Campaign History:

I thought the dumbest part was Rick flipping out over the Riot armor, when they made a point to show earlier that Glenn gave it up to that "scientist". The watch was noteworthy, but not the riot gear.

Seriously all that lead up to "Terminus" and they are there for like an hour and **** hits the fan

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    3 x 24" Monitor