Question Military/Tips? (Help?)

So guys im GivemeGiveme from Singapore and i know there's alot of veterans here....When i was a kid i always had a nerf gun with me ALWAYS, when im older now (18) i still love guns/military etc.. so basically joining the military is definitely a huge ambitious for me. As a Singaporean son every boy needs to join the military, and two years back broke my wrist. And now having difficulties doing PT and such.....you know the feeling when ya fails, and piss about it and give up? Yea that's me lol...so anyone of you guys have tips for me to help me get better with PT/Pull ups etc... to get me fit for the Military in coming couple years/future? Btw i know the don't quit attitude/suck it up attitude, but maybe a little more tips etc? Like what should i start with first to get my wrist strength back and later doing the step. Thanks in Advance.
    *Competitions: Team Spider Pigs Subterfuge [2nd Place Runner/ 28 June 2014/ 5v5 CTF]*
    BF3 C35 Beta I - [24ME]EZ|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C35 Beta II - [1MD]G|Cpl.GivemeGiveme , BF3 C36 - [42MKR]A|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C38 - [1FJR]SR|PFC.GivemeGiveme,
    BF2 C39 Retro - [1CMD]BT|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C40 - [GAFE]S|SGT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C41 - [RDG]D|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C42 - [9AU]C|SGT.GivemeGiveme,
    BF3 C43 - [USA]E|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C44 - [7CAD]S|LT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C45 - [AMID]W|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C46 - [PLAN]W|2Lt.GivemeGiveme

Re: Military/Tips? (Help?)

I'm sure you can think of a thing or two to strengthen those wrists giveme lol Seriously though try some of these;

1. Walking: These boots are made for walking, so perhaps we should listen up. Walking is a stress-free way to stay movin’. And tweaking that walking routine can really heat things up: Hit the hills, add dumbbells, or weighted ankle or wrist straps to really get that heart rate up [4].

2. Rowing machine: Spice up the cardio routine and bring the water sports to the gym? Yes, please. The rowing machine (impact not included) is an intense and fun way to workout those arms, back, legs, and core. Score!

3. Kayaking: Want to actually hit the water? Grab a kayak and jump on in! Kayaking works the arms and core (no crunches necessary) and can burn up to 400 calories an hour while seeing some stellar sights.

4. Strength training: We suggested 20 reasons to strength train, and here is one more: Most strength training exercises are low-impact and still work up a sweat [5]. (Keep in mind those monster box jumps wearing a weighted vest doesn't exactly qualify.) Try squats, lunges, or supermans!

5. Swimming: Skip the pool floats and start doing laps. Swimming is a great low-impact exercise with a boatload of benefits, from strengthening the shoulders to improving lung function [6].

6. Water aerobics: If laps in the pool gets repetitive, bring the aerobics class to the water and start treading or doing the pike scull. Some gyms even offer treadmills in the pool to really keep things interesting. (We may want to rethink calling them "dreadmills.")

7. Yoga: It’s no tackle football, but the NFL pros are doing it. So ease up and add some spinal twists and half moons to that fitness routine. Or try aerial yoga to really lift the stress off the ground.

8. Elliptical: Sorry treadmill, elliptical takes the cake when it comes to putting less stress on those legs. Try spicing up the routine with these workout ideas, while getting in a sneaky arm workout, too.

9. Stairmaster: Not all gyms have staircases, but they probably have a Stairmaster. (Which is obviously way more exciting than a treadmill.) No gym nearby? No problem. Hit the real stairs.

10. Cycling: Thank mom and dad for teaching us to take off the training wheels. Hopping on the bike is a fun way to fit in some exercise, with a lower chance of damaging the joints. Once the wheels start turning, you’ll be talking like a pro.

11. Step aerobics: For a good cardio workout without all the poundage, research suggests pulling out the step platform [7]. Some say an hour of step aerobics could be equivalent to a mid-distance run.

12. Tai Chi: Try some meditation in motion to give those bones a break. This gentle, fluid movement may also help ward off headaches, helping to improve flexibility, too [8]. (Whether that includes a hangover headache is unclear.)

13. Hiking: Another way to spice up a walk is to add some hiking terrain (opt for flatter areas, though, to keep impact to a minimum). Ready to strap on the boots and hit the woods? Just make sure to stay in-the-know about hiking do's and don'ts.

14. Cross country skiing: This flat-terrain travel keeps things heated — even in the snow. So strap on the skis and start pumping those poles. You’ll keep the pressure light (as snow) on the body.

15. Rock climbing: To take off some stress, head to the nearest wall (err, rock wall, that is!). Climbing movements are typically slow and controlled, which works the muscles without the added strain [9].

16. Pilates: High-impact sports won’t magically give us six-pack abs, that we know. The potential solution? Just roll out the mat for a quick Pilates session to strengthen the core and help increase flexibility.

17. Golf: Now, now — golf isn’t just for the pros (or the retired). Take a trip to the fairway and get that swing on. Bonus points for skipping the golf cart and walking the course!

18. TRX: Also known as “Total Body Resistance Exercise,” TRX is a strap suspension system (say that three times fast) that’s easy on the joints but a challenge on the body. Head to the nearest gym to learn the ropes.

19. Snowshoeing: For a different kind of walk in the park, snowshoeing is the way to go. Working against the resistance of the snow will expend more energy than walking on dry land, while staying tame on the body [10].

20. Ballroom dancing: Take a tip from “Dancing With the Stars.” Not only is dancing super sexy, it’s often easy on the body and a guaranteed great workout [11]. So go grab a partner and give those dips, twirls, and whirls a spin!

21. Rollerblading: Let’s take a trip back to the 90s and strap on some skates. Gliding on pavement won’t fail to burn calories while putting less stress on limbs. Now, if only stopping was that easy…
    Last edited by [RET]BANJAXGAV; 10-28-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Campaign 37 (SSGT), Campaign 38 (Grunt), Campaign 40 (1LT)
    Campaign 41 (SGT), Campaign 42 (CPT), Campaign 43 (Grunt)
    Beta Campaign 44 (CPT), Campaign 45 (SGT), Campaign 46 (SSGT),
    Campaign 47 (CPL), Campaign 48 (SGT)

Damn thats alot of activity to do...but currently i don't have any time for that atm....is there something that Im able to do in-door first?
    *Competitions: Team Spider Pigs Subterfuge [2nd Place Runner/ 28 June 2014/ 5v5 CTF]*
    BF3 C35 Beta I - [24ME]EZ|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C35 Beta II - [1MD]G|Cpl.GivemeGiveme , BF3 C36 - [42MKR]A|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C38 - [1FJR]SR|PFC.GivemeGiveme,
    BF2 C39 Retro - [1CMD]BT|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C40 - [GAFE]S|SGT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C41 - [RDG]D|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF3 C42 - [9AU]C|SGT.GivemeGiveme,
    BF3 C43 - [USA]E|PVT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C44 - [7CAD]S|LT.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C45 - [AMID]W|Pvt.GivemeGiveme, BF4 C46 - [PLAN]W|2Lt.GivemeGiveme

did some one say skating?

It's not about doing it all gimme. Break it up into a 3 day routine of 3-6 things. And have 6 days of cardio. Prior to being DQ'ed for medical history, (bum shoulder) I was trying to join the US Navy's EOD program. Same physical reqs as the Seals to get into it.

So what I did to change from a couch potato to a lean fit person was fairly simple. Got a list of exercises like above. Broke it into 2 day routines.
    Day 1:
    • Gym
      1. Front of upper body - 2 Chest exercises, 1 Biceps, 3 Abs, 1 Wrists.
      2. Shoulders (because of my issues w/ my shoulder I worked on them daily. Either low weight/high reps. Or w/ a resistance band.)
    • Cardio
      1. 30m Interval Training (Running Outside)

Day 2:
    • Gym
      1. Back of upper body. 2 Triceps, 2 upper back, 2 lower back, 1 butt ( for the ladies)
      2. Shoulders (because of my issues w/ my shoulder I worked on them daily. Either low weight/high reps. Or w/ a resistance band.)
    • Cardio
      1. 30m Stationary Bike

Day 3:
    • Gym
      1. Lower body. 1 Hams, 1 Quads, 2 Calves, 1 that muscle that runs along your shin that I can never remember the name to, Squats & Lunges (which work out many leg groups at once.)
    • Cardio
      1. 30m of Laps in the pool

Day 4: Test Exercises
    Walk 1 mile.
    Pushup pyramid. IE 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 Start with 1, then next set do 2, then 3, etc. As you get used to it, increase the size of the increments. 10-20-25-30-25-20-10 was where I was when the medical denial came through.
    Situp pyramid.
    All told, each day took maybe 1.5hrs to complete. I did push myself extremely hard in the cardio department.

The point is BanJax's list looks huge, but if you break it down into smaller chunks it really isn't. The key, especially with exercises dealing with injured body parts, is take it slow. Build up that strength first. If you can only do wrist rolls with a 5lb weight, don't try and bench 200lbs. It still uses that injured wrist. All of your exercises should be informed by what your injury can take. For me it was a torn rotator cuff. So I was slower on exercises dealing with my shoulder. But pushed really hard on those that didn't use it. Especially running & biking.

Also, eat better. Don't go on some super strict diet. Make little changes each week. Cut out one small thing that is bad for you. Don't do something like "fried food." Start with something like "french fries." And then over time expand the no-no list.

**THIS -> IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE WHEN CHANGING YOUR DIET** ALWAYS SCHEDULE A CHEAT DAY ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS. It helps maintain diet changes long term. And eventually you will notice your cheat meals are healthier than they were a few months ago.

Finally, multivitamins. Many doctors or nutritionists argue about their use. I just stuck with the common stuff and nothing too fancy. Took extra vitamin C, D, and protein because I was working on strengthening the ligaments and muscles in my shoulder. But if I had say broken my collar bone, I would have focused on Vitamin D, Calcium, and Iron to help the bones strengthen.

www.livestrong.com & www.runnersworld.com are both sites with great information for nutrition, exercise suggestion, and encouragement.
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/ is awesome at helping track calories consumed and burnt if you're just looking to lose weight.

Hope this novel helps ya knock your worries out of the park.
    "Hmmm....That sounds like something a responsible parent wouldn't let you do. Good thing I'm an Uncle! Avenge me kids! AVENGE ME!" -Stan Pines (Gravity Falls)

This gave me my jtf staus and made me one of the best infantry soldiers in the Canadian forces.

http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/physical_fitness_en.pdf

Intel 6600K 4.5GHz
    32GB DD4 Ram
    Titan X (Pascal)
    3x1 TB SSD - Raid 0
    Razer Orbweaver Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    3 x 24" Monitor

Cool thanks guys..i really appreciate it alot.

Negative reps, ex: for pull ups put a stool behind you and push yourself up with you legs, then hang as long as you can, slowly (SLOWLY) let yourself down, without assistance from your legs of course, repeat. Etc etc
    If it feels like more than two fingers, it's probably a c**k

Quote Originally Posted by [21CW]Juno[XXXX] View Post
    This gave me my jtf staus and made me one of the best infantry soldiers in the Canadian forces.

http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/physical_fitness_en.pdf
    Never seen that before, might be helpful in the future. Thanks!

If you're only going to do one exercise, I normally suggest swimming laps, but if you don't have access, burpees are great, just be careful about overdoing it. Wrist curls would be good for rebuilding forearm strength.

Awesome! Thanks Zookeeper glad to see ya back..

Tryt and send Iron a pm.I am pretty sure he has some ideas that could help you.

Did iron join 21cw as iron because i think he change his name right dk?